HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Not to mention a RHD top 4 and whomever we pick up this year.. yet to play..
This rebuild has been nothing short of incredible considering the lingering stench from the previous GM. A lottery win for Cellibrini would be fitting to

We were an absolute farce of incompetence under MB.. complete and utter disgrace (considering the core he had to start with).
Which is why we should have drafted anyone but Reinbacher, this year's draft is loaded with stud D. I still hated that pick, I hope I'm wrong about him because he's certainly not living up to to anything but a second pair D at this point. I don't get that pick at all.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Which is why we should have drafted anyone but Reinbacher, this year's draft is loaded with stud D. I still hated that pick, I hope I'm wrong about him because he's certainly not living up to to anything but a second pair D at this point. I don't get that pick at all.
He'll be either a 1a/b RHD in our top 4 for years to come. Relax. The same scouting staff* who interviewed and picked Slaf did the same thing with Rainman, trust the process...
Matvei was clearly not worth picking, and I'm glad they went against the grain again.
They will not be drafting Demidov, he wont pass the interview.. will be Lindstrom or Parekh.
Although, Eiserman has grown on me this year.. hes also 6 months younger than most of the top 10

*i hated the Mesar pick then and still hate it now, but maybe he was needed as Slafs buddy..

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
The irony of it all is how these clowns and other facsimiles are lauding Slaf almost daily and are awestruck by his performances however, Slaf could never have been had without the team sinking to the depths that it did.

I mean, isn’t the thread supposed to be about the exact thing you’re being accused of doing?

To be clear, I want to lose these games just as badly as you guys do. I am NOT an anti-tanker. I obviously want to improve our draft position. I even mentioned that winning meaningless games annoys me as well. My point was more about the fact that posters are getting angry with players for scoring goals as if they should all stop giving any effort in hopes of improving our draft slot. That notion is just humorous to me. How some people think a guy like RHP is skating on the ice thinking..”man, I’m not going to score here because we could draft 5th instead of 7th coming up here!!’’ It’s just funny is all. I get what this thread is about. Hell, I’ve participated myself. But the unhinged posts by a few posters showing an unhealthy level of anger directed at players for scoring goals or putting in any bit of effort is a bit much..Sure, call it venting. But read that post I originally quoted and tell me with a straight face that that’s not a bit much..:laugh:

Last edited:

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
As crazy as it sounds, Habs will finish the season only 7 wins out of the playoffs.
You can’t tell that if we got rid of Allen last summer preventing him from crapping the bed every time he played, and a full season with Dach and Roy on the 2nd line instead of Armia and Gallagher , we couldn’t have transformed a good chunk of those 37 games we lost by only 1 goal into wins ?

The team isn’t trash .

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
There is no point in tanking anymore.

Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy...

Hutson, Guhle, Reinbacher...

We are at the point where we need to add to these and in an immediate fashion. Suzuki and Caufield contracts are running.

We are lacking a bit of offensive punch and thats it.

I expect playoff next year.

2022 draft will be iconic for our franchise. Slaf, Dach, Hutson who i think is a bonafide franchise D.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
As crazy as it sounds, Habs will finish the season only 7 wins out of the playoffs.
You can’t tell that if we got rid of Allen last summer preventing him from crapping the bed every time he played, and a full season with Dach and Roy on the 2nd line instead of Armia and Gallagher , we couldn’t have transformed a good chunk of those 37 games we lost by only 1 goal into wins ?

The team isn’t trash .
Progressis being made for sure.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I wish all the peeps here a loss in regulation (although the later habs draft, the closer it’ll be to hf board top picks going by recent history lol).

I hope you can still enjoy the Hutson show; maybe a high scoring event with a tank-loving relief at the end there. Will be lurking the draft threads now :)

Reactions: le_sean

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Slafkovsky's massive growth + a top7 pick = a decent enough 'tank' year.

I think almost everybody would take this if it was offered at the start of the season.
I thought they would land higher up; Dach loss hit big.

hey what’s the tie-breaker with the yotes? They have more Reg wins but nhl have them below habs.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
There is no point in tanking anymore.

Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy...

Hutson, Guhle, Reinbacher...

We are at the point where we need to add to these and in an immediate fashion. Suzuki and Caufield contracts are running.

We are lacking a bit of offensive punch and thats it.

I expect playoff next year.

2022 draft will be iconic for our franchise. Slaf, Dach, Hutson who i think is a bonafide franchise D.
This comment is 1 game too early.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
To be clear, I want to lose these games just as badly as you guys do. I am NOT an anti-tanker. I obviously want to improve our draft position. I even mentioned that winning meaningless games annoys me as well. My point was more about the fact that posters are getting angry with players for scoring goals as if they should all stop giving any effort in hopes of improving our draft slot. That notion is just humorous to me. How some people think a guy like RHP is skating on the ice thinking..”man, I’m not going to score here because we could draft 5th instead of 7th coming up here!!’’ It’s just funny is all. I get what this thread is about. Hell, I’ve participated myself. But the unhinged posts by a few posters showing an unhealthy level of anger directed at players for scoring goals or putting in any bit of effort is a bit much..Sure, call it venting. But read that post I originally quoted and tell me with a straight face that that’s not a bit much..:laugh:
Nah it’s more about how RHP does absolutely nothing all year and then chooses that game to show up. Or Jake Evans who habitually makes bad offensive plays and then decides to have the offensive game of his life. Or Marty scanning the tablet hard after every goal against to find a reason to overturn it. Just mail it in, it’s over.

Unless you want your rival Senators to have the option of a better player than you and a higher chance at winning the lottery. I know I don’t. Don’t really feel like playing against a Tkachuk-Celebrini-Stutzle line for a decade.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nah it’s more about how RHP does absolutely nothing all year and then chooses that game to show up. Or Jake Evans who habitually makes bad offensive plays and then decides to have the offensive game of his life. Or Marty scanning the tablet hard after every goal against to find a reason to overturn it. Just mail it in, it’s over.

Unless you want your rival Senators to have the option of a better player than you and a higher chance at winning the lottery. I know I don’t. Don’t really feel like playing against a Tkachuk-Celebrini-Stutzle line for a decade.
We’ve lost six of our last seven games… :laugh:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Fingers crossed for an exciting 6-5 regulation loss tonight. 2 goals from Slaf, one each by Hutson and Mailloux and one from Nick or Cole.

We control our destiny. 5th best odds sounds pretty damn good to me.

Reactions: Runner77

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

I get it man. I’m on your side regarding the losing and in terms of putting ourselves in a better position to draft a better player. We’re on the same team here lol I’m sure you remember participating in mock drafts with for me for years. I’ve been a draft/prospect junkie for like 25 years. I’m just not going to sit here and make post after post attacking players for scoring a goal. The players simply do not give a shit whether we draft 5th or 7th. So be mad at the situation, fair game. Why are we attacking the players themselves? Sure, it’s annoying. But after awhile it’s like okay…they’re just trying to do their job even if we as fans are hoping for losses.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I get it man. I’m on your side regarding the losing and in terms of putting ourselves in a better position to draft a better player. We’re on the same team here lol I’m sure you remember participating in mock drafts with for me for years. I’ve been a draft/prospect junkie for like 25 years. I’m just not going to sit here and make post after post attacking players for scoring a goal. The players simply do not give a shit whether we draft 5th or 7th. So be mad at the situation, fair game. Why are we attacking the players themselves? Sure, it’s annoying. But after awhile it’s like okay…they’re just trying to do their job even if we as fans are hoping for losses.
Great. Do your job in Game 18 and don’t wait until Game 81

Reactions: Habsfan18

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

The team isn’t trash .
I'm sure MTL will make the playoff before Ottawa draw in.

I believe next year MTL are going to be fighting for a playoff spot and might steal a spot.

One ore time: GO WINGS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad