HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
This season failed tank......

1688009486260.png

Attachments

• 1688009414311.png
    1688009414311.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1688009415728.png
    1688009415728.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

DJBREADMAN

Feb 9, 2019
I'm all for going for it now, I won't watch another season of tanking, won't watch a single game knowing that this new group draft like a bunch of assholes. No different than the old group. It's pointless to tank and waste the picks, might as well sign some guys on July 1st and start trying to go for the playoffs.

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
We need to trade Matheson and Anderson for a haul ASAP. Harris, Mesar, Farrell should be trade chips as well.

Would love to target Wallstedt or Askarov with some of those assets, in addition to making us worse right now so we can hopefully luck out and draft a star forward.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I expected a 3rd tanking season (top 10 pick) so I'm all good with this thread.

Since the beginning I've said it will take between 5-7 years before we become competitive thanks to Bergevin.

Year 3 would give us a better indication on how long the rebuild would take.

We definitely need more quality prospects. This will take awhile and it's fine. No shortcuts needed.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
I expected a 3rd tanking season (top 10 pick) so I'm all good with this thread.

Since the beginning I've said it will take between 5-7 years before we become competitive thanks to Bergevin.

Year 3 would give us a better indication on how long the rebuild would take.

We definitely need more quality prospects. This will take awhile and it's fine. No shortcuts needed.
I don't think a top-10 pick is enough to put this team into contention

They will need a top 3 talent at minimum

Reactions: the

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Add the refusal to commit to actual tanking as well.

Golden opportunity to bottom out and rebuild properly and instead they want:
- 'competitive losing', ensuring we don't get elite talent
- 'accelerated rebuild', ensuring we don't get to horde draft picks

Fantastic...

No but HuGo do.
They're already talking about being more competitive next season.
Doesn't sound like they're committed to drafting high again at all.

Habs will be competitive next season...what do you expect with kids like Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slaf, Guhle, Xhejak, etc...they're not the types to just lay down and get run over by other teams because we're rebuilding. This isn't Edmonton.

I fully expect the habs to finish no lower than 10th next year, that's as "competitive" as we'll get but a step in the right direction. If the habs finish bottom 5 again then that'd be alarming.

Man. Ive been wanting for a real rebuild for 30years.

Happy me : 4 first round picks in 2 years….
But no.

After all this pain, we ended with the worst first overall pick since Yakupov. Then we pick a bust with our 2nd first round pick.

The year after? We reach for a 30-40pts defenceman in one of the best draft for offensive players. And we traded our 2nd first rounder for an undersized 3rd line player in Newhook.

Ohhh yeah fefans will say : « Newhook is full of potential. 70pts player incoming » and « Reinbacher is Josi #2 » and « Slafkovsky is Rantanen » and « Mesar is Suzuki lite ». f*** that.

Can we just draft offensive players? We need a PPG forward. Alex Kovalev is the last one. Its been what? 15 years?

Don't really agree with most of your post, that being said...Michkov was such an easy pick and they still found a way to f*** it up.

Only way this board redeems itself is if Reinbacher becomes a clear top pairing defensemen because I feel like we'll regret this one.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Here's my take.

Hughes is gonna leave the Habs in the next year, maximum 2 years. That's why he picked like a short term moron.

He is playing the numbers game with lesser risk.
I am so disappointed, I can't think of how many times I shook my head in the past few hours...

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
Man. Ive been wanting for a real rebuild for 30years.

Happy me : 4 first round picks in 2 years….
But no.

After all this pain, we ended with the worst first overall pick since Yakupov. Then we pick a bust with our 2nd first round pick.

The year after? We reach for a 30-40pts defenceman in one of the best draft for offensive players. And we traded our 2nd first rounder for an undersized 3rd line player in Newhook.

Ohhh yeah fefans will say : « Newhook is full of potential. 70pts player incoming » and « Reinbacher is Josi #2 » and « Slafkovsky is Rantanen » and « Mesar is Suzuki lite ». f*** that.

Can we just draft offensive players? We need a PPG forward. Alex Kovalev is the last one. Its been what? 15 years?
The sheer confidence to just casually be able to declare Reinbacher as a bust on draft day is almost enviable

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Even if we tank and get like the 4th overall pick, whoever we'll take isn't even on the drafting radar yet.

Reactions: NORiculous
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad