Sep 30, 2016
Time to unleash the Jet-Tank!

flying-armored-tank-picture-id1149621067

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
VdqzYpv.gif

Don't really want us to tank, there's too many good players (in theory) on this team. I just want a change, Maurice has had his time and had positive results at the start, but we've seen to much disappointment recently.

So you mean like a "soft tank" to eliminate Maurice, then gear up and sneak back into playoffs and make some serious noise?

Yes, that is exactly the semi-tank I am hoping to happen....

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So the next group of games ( I will base results on current standings):
Wild = L
Flames = L
Coyotes = W
Devils = W
Leafs = L
Hurricanes = L
Kraken = W

That puts the team at 12 W - 10 losses and 4 OT losses. And they are likely 2 or 3 spots out of the wild card spot by then.:(

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Hello Darkness my old friend.....

Was just looking for this thread waiting after this rough rough series of games. Hope Columbus is rock bottom.

Probably not. The way Markstrom is playing, Jets will be shutout again on this road trip and Minnesota might be the toughest game to win. Rock bottom is still a ways down but don’t worry, the Jets are sticking to the path.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Wild = L
Flames = L
Coyotes = W
Devils = W
Leafs = L
Hurricanes = L
Kraken = W

That puts the team at 12 W - 10 losses and 4 OT losses. And they are likely 2 or 3 spots out of the wild card spot by then.:(

After tonight Jets would find themselves 4th in the Central in points %, and destined for a 1st round matchup with the Oilers, so maybe that's where they want to be. I think the PP is missing some direction from Kompon, which is starting to show. Special teams failures usually aren't playoff teams. Not sure where the spark is going to come from, but somehow need to find some fuel in the tank.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
After tonight Jets would find themselves 4th in the Central in points %, and destined for a 1st round matchup with the Oilers, so maybe that's where they want to be. I think the PP is missing some direction from Kompon, which is starting to show. Special teams failures usually aren't playoff teams. Not sure where the spark is going to come from, but somehow need to find some fuel in the tank.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Wild = L
Flames = L
Coyotes = W
Devils = W
Leafs = L
Hurricanes = L
Kraken = W

Gotta change the Arizona game to a L unless Scheifele and Maurice are traded there before the game. Ha,ha, ha. Hoping for all W's but...

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
But isn 't Kompon coaching them via FaceTime ala covid "social distancing" all parties shoild be accustomed to this by now.
There is still a Head Coach, right? What is his excuse?Oh yes, Ehlers missed an open net. So the whole power play unit gets a "ride" , except Ehlers of course. Down to 3rd line and under 15 minutes play time next. Fix the whole teams' issues. Yah right, Paul. Sell that to Beyak & Sawyer. I'm not buying it.
Sorry Nik. You deserve better than your actual ( coach ) treatment here.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
But isn 't Kompon coaching them via FaceTime ala covid "social distancing" all parties shoild be accustomed to this by now.
There is still a Head Coach, right? What is his excuse?Oh yes, Ehlers missed an open net. So the whole power play unit gets a "ride" , except Ehlers of course. Down to 3rd line and under 15 minutes play time next. Fix the whole teams' issues. Yah right, Paul. Sell that to Beyak & Sawyer. I'm not buying it.
Sorry Nik. You deserve better than your actual ( coach ) treatment here.

I honestly don't think Nik is playing all that well, he is moving his feet, still pretty shy on the physical side, but as a fan the cutback in the offensive zone that led to a turnover and Calgary scoring chance early in the game, got me yelling. Well those probably drive coaches wild too. I don't mind the move because I think you need a skater to play with Lowry and Stats. Likely he is back with Dubois if he steps up, with Svetchnikov going down the lineup.

He still got first unit PP, and had a couple of good looks, the setup on the Scheifele tip was nice. I like him in that spot, but he's got no options when every player except Connor, who is around the goal line now, is a righty. PP is going back through Wheeler like the old days. Not sure it will work again.

I don't think you can make any adjustments if you are coaching through FaceTime, at best you can prescout, but I think Kompon's presence is missing on the PP, which is much too stagnant at times. That 5 minute PP, that became a 4 minute PP, was tough to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad