The Official 2016 WJC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
This Canadian team is not going to medal.

Tough to say. Denmark beats the Swiss. We destroy Denmark. Swiss play us tough. This team seems to change game to game and I wouldn't rule out them still taking it. On the other hand any other result wouldn't really surprise me either.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hopefully this game serves as a wakeup call. We need to play better as a team. We need to get more pucks on net, drive to the net, and stop with trying to dipsy doodle around the perimeter. Get back to playing Canadian hockey!

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Tough to say. Denmark beats the Swiss. We destroy Denmark. Swiss play us tough. This team seems to change game to game and I wouldn't rule out them still taking it. On the other hand any other result wouldn't really surprise me either.

There's a good chance that Canada finishes 3rd facing Finland/Czech Republic in the Quarters, then a USA/Sweden in the semis. Can they go through probably but I don't like the play of this years d corps.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
3rd in our group likely gets us a shot at the Czechs, and then if we can beat them we would move on to play likely the winner of the US or Sweden vs. either Slovakia or Finland.

Not a bad scenario to be honest. If the 1A team has to play the Fins in the quarter finals that's not a matchup I'd like. I also want to avoid the Russians until the Gold medal game if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce