The Official 2016 WJC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
There's a good chance that Canada finishes 3rd facing Finland/Czech Republic in the Quarters, then a USA/Sweden in the semis. Can they go through probably but I don't like the play of this years d corps.

Everybody from Group A is going to have a tough matchup. Let's say Sweden finishes on top of the division. They very well could have a matchup against Finland to open the quarter finals, and then a rematch against Canada in the semis. Doesn't look too good from their POV either.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Everybody from Group A is going to have a tough matchup. Let's say Sweden finishes on top of the division. They very well could have a matchup against Finland to open the quarter finals, and then a rematch against Canada in the semis. Doesn't look too good from their POV either.

Likely who finished 1st plays the Slovaks.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
He was good the entire third period, he picked it up pretty well after the penalty

Didn't watch the first two periods but I think most of Jake's problems are linked to his intensity level. When he ramps up his effort level you get 3rd period Jake which seemed pretty good. I just can't fathom the lackadaisical play in a short, intense tournament like this. That's the real frustrating part.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Slovaks aren't an easy win but out of the four teams they would be the preferred matchup. Canada will likely play the Finns.

How do you figure? We'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the division. It'll likely either be the Czechs or Finns. Outside chance we play the Slovaks. Either way, I prefer 3rd in the division to 2nd. Would rather face USA or Sweden in the semi's than Russia.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
How do you figure? We'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the division. It'll likely either be the Czechs or Finns. Outside chance we play the Slovaks. Either way, I prefer 3rd in the division to 2nd. Would rather face USA or Sweden in the semi's than Russia.

Swedes finish first. They will play the fourth place team. US will likely beat the Swiss tomorrow and will finish second assuming they beat Denmark and will play the 3rd place team. As a result, Canada will finish third and play the 2nd team in the other pool which will likely be the Finns. It could be the Czechs but doubtful.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Swedes finish first. They will play the fourth place team. US will likely beat the Swiss tomorrow and will finish second assuming they beat Denmark and will play the 3rd place team. As a result, Canada will finish third and play the 2nd team in the other pool which will likely be the Finns. It could be the Czechs but doubtful.

You're assuming the Finns beat both the Slovaks and Czechs. I wouldn't count them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad