The Official 2016 WJC Thread | 2 (CAN: Virtanen, USA: Boeser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
b3af9727e2f9ce5affb68f6bf450b081.png
CANADA
b3af9727e2f9ce5affb68f6bf450b081.png

Left Wing​
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
17 Travis Konecny​
|
19 Brayden Point â€Câ€​
|
16 Mitch Marner​
| -
11 Brendan Perlini​
|
9 Dylan Strome​
|
18 Jake Virtanen
| -
21 Anthony Beauvillier​
|
13 Matt Barzal​
|
14 Rourke Chartier​
| -
28 Lawson Crouse â€Aâ€​
|
27 Mitchell Stephens​
|
12 Julien Gauthier​
| -
-​
|
22 John Quenneville​
|
-​
| -

Left Defense​
|
Right Defense​
4 Haydn Fleury​
|
6 Brandon Hickey​
| -
5 Thomas Chabot​
|
2 Joe Hicketts â€Aâ€​
| -
23 Travis Sanheim​
|
24 Travis Dermott​
| -
-​
|
20 Roland McKeown​
| -

Starter​
|
Backup​
29 Mackenzie Blackwood​
|
1 Mason McDonald​
| -

Scratched​
|
Details​
G 30 Samuel Montembeault​
|
Healthy​
| -

-----

94e2c3c5b9f3ce19afa8aa8f0502b125.png
UNITED STATES
94e2c3c5b9f3ce19afa8aa8f0502b125.png

Left Wing​
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
7 Matthew Tkachuk​
|
34 Auston Matthews â€Aâ€​
|
12 Alex DeBrincat​
| -
28 Sonny Milano​
|
11 Christian Dvorak​
|
18 Colin White â€Aâ€​
| -
17 Ryan MacInnis​
|
9 Nick Schmaltz​
|
23 Brock Boeser
| -
16 Ryan Hitchcock​
|
14 Scott Eansor​
|
10 Anders Bjork​
| -
-​
|
19 Ryan Donato​
|
-​
| -

Left Defense​
|
Right Defense​
13 Zach Werenski â€Câ€​
|
26 Brandon Carlo​
| -
8 Louie Belpedio â€Aâ€​
|
20 Will Borgen​
| -
4 Chad Krys​
|
25 Charlie McAvoy​
| -
5 Brandon Fortunato​
|
-​
| -

Starter​
|
Backup​
31 Alex Nedeljkovic​
|
36 Brandon Halverson​
| -

----

Continue from here pls n thx: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1991701

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Still think Canada takes home the gold. We've been tested early. We've faced adversity. We are too talented to just roll over and die. Time to string 4 wins together starting NYE and bring home Gold!

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
That makes more sense, I was half through posting the schedule, I was pretty sure it wasn't USA next

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Part of me wonders if Olsen might have an outside chance at getting a camp invite next season if he continues he's exemplary play through the rest of this year and next.

The crop of defensemen available next year isn't stellar and they might look at some later round guys who are blowing it out of the water. Chabot is the only defenseman this year eligible to return next year.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Just watched the re-run of the game.

First two periods the play died on Virtanen's stick every time. Third period was a lot better and needs to be how he plays for the rest of the tournament.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Said it before, not a fan of how this TC is built. Too small down the middle

I don't think they will even medal but I'd love for them to prove me wrong :help:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The centers are the least of their worries. Barzal has been the most pleasant surprise on the team, Strome has been the best player every game, and Point has been terrific for the most part. Even Stephens has quietly done his job, as has Beauvillier when playing in the middle.

Problem is with the top-6 wings (minus Marner who IMO is getting unfairly criticized) and the weak defense. John Quenneville has done very little thus far, Perlini is merely okay in flashes and we all know how Jake has been. Crouse has probably been the most effective winger thus far...

And the defense just isn't that good. No way of sugarcoating it.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Boeser has been a very nice complimentary piece for USA through 2 games. Taking advantage of DeBrincat's bad luck, Boeser found himself on the top line beside Matthews and Tkachuk for most of the time so far. He's looked better than DeBrincat and Milano up there as well, though the other two have had less time. Haven't seen the big shot yet, aside from a few looks on the PP, but he's been excellent in keeping the play alive, working the boards, and being responsible defensively. Easy to see why USA would throw him up on the top line without hesitation. No production yet, but it'll come if he keeps playing like this. Made a really nice Sedin-like tip from the slot on a feed from Matthews. If only we could add him to our pool as well...

Jake on the other hand needs to channel that good 3rd period into the next game. Very disappointing tourney so far. However, he started getting some scoring chances and causing problems around the net near the end vs. Switzerland. Needs to step up and help Strome carry the team.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Said it before, not a fan of how this TC is built. Too small down the middle

I don't think they will even medal but I'd love for them to prove me wrong :help:
It doesnt look like a team canada on the ice.
Im thibking theyll win the bronze atleast.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Mathews is sick but he almost looks like he doesn't give a single **** about playing right now.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Mathews is sick but he almost looks like he doesn't give a single **** about playing right now.

He looks like this is too easy, like he's playing his little brothers friends and is just being nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad