GDT: The Official 2015 #hcanes College Football Thread

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
You sure about that last one anymore lololol

Iowa played absolutely no one all year. They squeaked out wins against bad teams and lost their only game against a good one. Colin Cowherd was right, all year he called them frauds.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
there isn't a big enough roll eyes emote in the world

I swear to Christ, the polls should just be the S EC West making up the top teams. Only then will they be happy. Never mind that Arkansas lost to Toledo, or Mississippi lost to Memphis. Or A&M losing to Louisville.

Or the 2-5 bowl record last year.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
the michigan - michigan state game this year really threw the B1G matchups entirely out of whack

ohio state's horrendous game vs MSU didn't help either, but it is hard to argue that ohio state isn't the most talented team in the conference. michigan is probably second.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
this one is for halle, because i like him and he is my friend :):thumbu:

iowa_tapout.0.0.jpg

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Penn State needs to learn how to use the sidelines in crunch time.

K-State with the early lead in what might be Bill Synders last game.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Dave I'm watching WVU-ASU in the Motel 6(lol) Catcus Bowl. What's been happening to the Mountaineers? Thought they would be a BCS/Playoff contender after that beatdown of Clemson 4 years ago and IIRC they started off the following season something like 6-0. Coaching? Not able to recruit Geno Smith/Tavon Austin types? I know every program goes through a slump even in good times, but this seems abnormal from my standpoint.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Eh a lot of things. A lot of it coaching, and more of that on the prior coach, not so much on Dana.

Basically the work that was done under Rich Rod had brought in Geno, Tavon, Bailey, etc. But as good of a guy as Bill Stewart was, he was not an exceptionally good recruiter. They had a good first recruiting class under Stewart, but much of that I chalk up to Doc Holliday at this point, and he left after that year to run the show at Marshall.

After Doc left the talent with the recruiting classes dried up. WVU's basically been rebuilding its defense since the end of that first year under Dana when guys like Irvin and Hogan went to the NFL. Offense was there the next year but it was prettymuch like ****ing Tecmo Bowl out there. Tavon got banged up in the Texas game and the team went on a slide until he came back.

Now our issue is at QB, and yeah I'll chalk that one up to Dana. The year before we were legitimately in the mix not just for the conference but for the playoff for a while until Trick got his concussion against TCU. The wheels fell off after that a bit. We have the talent at all our other positions to be not just competitive (which we are now) but a legit contender in the Big 12 on par with TCU and Baylor right now. But Howard's not the guy to get us there, and we have no better options right now unless Sills or Chug proves to be the real deal next pre-season.

And as I say that Howard delivers an absolute bomb :laugh:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Was at the airport today picking up someone, saw a lot of Clemson fans presumably heading for Phoenix.

Clemson 31 Alabama 28.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad