TV: The Office Revival Eyed at NBC for 2018-2019 Season

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Thinking about it, I like the idea of doing a company that is somehow sorta related to Dunder Mifflin, to allow for cameo’s, but just doing a different cast.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
One of my all-time favorite shows, but I wasn't a huge fan of Steve Carrell as the boss. I think too often he went full Pejorative Slur with it, and could be very hit or miss

Ricky Gervais in the original was far superior

If they get some solid improv actors in key roles, there's no reason why this can't be as entertaining as the original - though it's unlikely we'll ever be as emotionally attached as we were to the original cast

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
One of my all-time favorite shows, but I wasn't a huge fan of Steve Carrell as the boss. I think too often he went full ****** with it, and could be very hit or miss

Ricky Gervais in the original was far superior

If they get some solid improv actors in key roles, there's no reason why this can't be as entertaining as the original - though it's unlikely we'll ever be as emotionally attached as we were to the original cast

The episode where Gervais and Carrell meet in the elevator is the best scene in the series imo. The instant bromance was hilarious.

Sep 19, 2008
Slightly related

‘The Office’ Crew Blames NBC for Forcing Steve Carell’s Exit: ‘It Was Absolutely Asinine’

Steve Carell’s exit from “The Office” after seven seasons was a game-changing moment for the beloved NBC comedy series, but Andy Greene’s new book “The Office: The Untold Story of the Greatest Sitcom of the 2000s” reveals it was never Carell’s intention to leave the sitcom (via Collider). Numerous crew members spoke to Greene about Carell’s exit and said it was a battle between the actor and NBC executives that forced the comedian off the series. Sound mixer Brian Wittle and hairstylist Kim Ferry said Carell let it slip during a radio interview that he might leave after Season 7; Carell had not made a finite decision at the time, but he was pushed to exit after his comments made news and he was never contacted by NBC executives to stay.

Way to force out perhaps the most pivotal actor in the series. No surprise the TV show was pretty bad after he left.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Office's YouTube channel released a joke Season 10 trailer for April Fool's.

Not sure if anybody else is listening to Angela Kinsey and Jenna Fischer's Office Ladies podcast. They're going through each episode and there's usually a fun nugget or two of behind the scenes stuff. This week, they were going over the Valentine's Day episode and the fake Tina Fey / real Conan O'Brien scene. Angela started talking about how she interned with Conan when he first got his late night gig in 1993. She befriended somebody else working at SNL who was able to get Angela on as a recurring extra. I went through a few skits from season 19/20 (and was quickly reminded how SNL was almost on the chopping block) and I think I finally found a sketch; Angela is a couple rows behind Farley/Garofalo/Clooney.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I thought it regained some life after he left. Holly sucked all the funny out of him in his last season. They should have kept him with Jan - that dynamic was always hysterical.

I don't think much of the post-Michael seasons, but, I agree that it wouldn't be good if he stayed. The character had run its course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad