The Office Most Popular Character

Sep 19, 2008
Michael without a doubt

Interesting note, during negotiations Steve Carrell always wanted to come back as Michael but NBC pretty much nixed it

The post-Carrell eps of the Office aren't even worth watching

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Thought the Micheal character was a moron...preferred the show after he left for the most part. What made the show was the Jim and Dwight dynamic and their pranks.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Kevin being that high surprises me, I always thought Creed was more of the cult favorite, looks like that changed near the end.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

The character was stupid, bigoted, sexist, just plain boring. I mean this is a tv show but if a individual was really like him as a manager at a company he would be fired in seconds. He is a terrible manager on top of it. I just don't get the character at all.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The character was stupid, bigoted, sexist, just plain boring. I mean this is a tv show but if a individual was really like him as a manager at a company he would be fired in seconds. He is a terrible manager on top of it. I just don't get the character at all.

I think what makes him great is that he is all those things but he’s almost so innocent you can’t hate him. He’s like an innocent idiot and he goes around creating ridiculous situations for everyone else to respond to.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Oscar's underrated. He was a great (gay) straight man, and his clashes with Michael always cracked me up.
I think that aspect is underrated for comedic characters. If this was hockey, the straight man would be the line-driver, and the characters would be the finishers. Jim was definitely the best straight man on the show, but outside of that you're looking at Pam then Oscar. Outside of that you're basically looking at first season Ryan and random side characters.

Michael was always interesting because he produces the most goofy and over the top moments, but could still be the straight man when dealing with Dwight.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The show tanked once Michael left because the writers changed existing characters to try and become a new Michael. The writers had no idea what to do with Andy.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I think that aspect is underrated for comedic characters. If this was hockey, the straight man would be the line-driver, and the characters would be the finishers. Jim was definitely the best straight man on the show, but outside of that you're looking at Pam then Oscar. Outside of that you're basically looking at first season Ryan and random side characters.

Michael was always interesting because he produces the most goofy and over the top moments, but could still be the straight man when dealing with Dwight.

Very true. Season 1 isn't my favorite because it was essentially Michael, Dwight, and a bunch of straight men and women. Oscar generally remained a straight man but he would occasionally lose it, and seeing those chinks in his armor cracked me up.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think what makes him great is that he is all those things but he’s almost so innocent you can’t hate him. He’s like an innocent idiot and he goes around creating ridiculous situations for everyone else to respond to.
Ya I guess, I figured that was what the writers were going for. I still think the Jim and Dwight dynamic was the best part of the show. How the went from enemies and rivals, to frienamies to respecting each other and even dare I say being friends by the end.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

i think ryan before corporate was definitely right with jim,

daryl as well, but he had his moments

i think one thing outside of michael with different characters they should have done was have more non-romantic relationships. they kind of did it later on with andy and daryl but even that was on and off episode to episode

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I think Jim sucks, honestly.

So does Pam once she stops trying to go to art school.

Creed all the way.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The only character I could not stand on the show was Nellie. Every other character just added in their own little way to the show. Jim, Dwight and Kevin would probably be my favorites.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Big Angela fan

I really dislike Andy and can't believe he ranked so consistently high

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad