NFL: The offensive line thread

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I'll give the Rams a 5/10. Better than we expected considering we have 2 rookies and Greg Robinson, a 2nd year guy. But they also just lost Roger Saffold, their most experienced offensive lineman.

But I'm optimistic, they have swung and missed on just about every experienced lineman that they have tried to sign the last few years, hopefully letting the young guys play together will have better results.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Noticeable decline in OL play league-wide. Guys coming out of college generally don't have much experience blocking in a pro-style offense.

But I would also point to better DL play as being part of it. The best athletes used to be put at WR or RB early on when they were kids. Nowadays they're being made into pass rushers. You rarely see offensive linemen who are great athletes.

That's why I've wanted the Broncos to return to their Zone Block and Josh McDaniel tarred & feathered for throwing it out.

They were able to get smaller more athletic linemen beside an LT anchor that other teams didn't put a high value on. Unfortunately it's a rough transition back, especially missing Clady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad