OT: The Off-Topic Thread sponsored by Hank Scorpio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Has anybody started playing Lost Ark on PC? The trailers and class info look cool, so I just downloaded it today. I hope to start playing in the next couple of days, but I have not yet chosen a server, so if anybody here is already on one (and wouldn't mind me joining), let me know which server you're on.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Is anyone else here glad to see that Matt Stafford finally got his superbowl ring?
I'm not a big NFL fan like I used to be, I didn't even watch any postseason football until last night, but I'm still super happy for Stafford. Every Lions fan that said the Lions could never win with Stafford have some crow to eat. They're right in a sense, but it's not because of Stafford the Lions would never win, it's because they're the Lions. I'm glad to see his career is no longer being wasted away.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm not a big NFL fan like I used to be, I didn't even watch any postseason football until last night, but I'm still super happy for Stafford. Every Lions fan that said the Lions could never win with Stafford have some crow to eat. They're right in a sense, but it's not because of Stafford the Lions would never win, it's because they're the Lions. I'm glad to see his career is no longer being wasted away.

It always bothered me that Lions fans bashed Stafford so much when he was very clearly a top QB in the NFL and probably the best QB in the sad history of the Lions. The Ford family has never been able to build a successful management team upstairs, and the guys they've hired haven't been able to put a solid team together since the early 90s with any consistency. Stafford definitely deserved this win.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
"I hope that's the law" may be the new phrase I say for no reason at all...

It would replace, "Emotional damage..."

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
It always bothered me that Lions fans bashed Stafford so much when he was very clearly a top QB in the NFL and probably the best QB in the sad history of the Lions. The Ford family has never been able to build a successful management team upstairs, and the guys they've hired haven't been able to put a solid team together since the early 90s with any consistency. Stafford definitely deserved this win.

He's won less playoff games than Erik Kramer in Detroit

He's not Bobby Layne, whom did win championships in Detroit. Sure, the Fords are terrible, but I've never seen Stafford as being top tier either. He gets paid, because starting QBs do.

It's a pass happy league, and he's a gun slinger, so you get both yardage, but also really bad throws at times, and because it's the Lions, you get surprising 4th quarters.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He's won less playoff games than Erik Kramer in Detroit

He's not Bobby Layne, whom did win championships in Detroit. Sure, the Fords are terrible, but I've never seen Stafford as being top tier either. He gets paid, because starting QBs do.

It's a pass happy league, and he's a gun slinger, so you get both yardage, but also really bad throws at times, and because it's the Lions, you get surprising 4th quarters.
Agreed. It's like people didn't see the two interceptions to go with the touchdowns.

And yes, those two in particular weren't awful from a QB standpoint. But this is the same guy who tied for the league lead in picks during the regular season, and then threw several pick sixes at the end of the year.

Again, Matthew is a good quarterback. But he did share some of the blame during his tenure with the Lions.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Agreed. It's like people didn't see the two interceptions to go with the touchdowns.

And yes, those two in particular weren't awful from a QB standpoint. But this is the same guy who tied for the league lead in picks during the regular season, and then threw several pick sixes at the end of the year.

Again, Matthew is a good quarterback. But he did share some of the blame during his tenure with the Lions.

Ultimately, that's what I view him as too - a good QB on a largely bad team, probably top 1/3 in the league, but at the best of times under Caldwell, that's about what the team was too. But nothing more, just never saw it.

I remember all the records Dan Marino had, but never won a SB in Miami. Or how freaking awesome Barry Sanders was.

On a lot of levels, I'd rather have a great team, then just great players. The Rams had their struggles this year, and honestly, after watching that game in Green Bay, I really didn't they had it in them, and Stafford looked awful, but they did all the right things come playoff time, hung in there, got it done.

Helped to have the right players on both sides. Better than Goff for sure, but LA has also improved since then as well, so again, everyone as a team, together.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I am now up to 105 games of rapid chess online in the last week and have a record of 57-38-10. Learning chess was the best spur of the moment choice ever! My grandparents on my dad's side used to play quite a bit, I'm excited to bust out the new chess set and take on the old people:laugh:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Has anybody started playing Lost Ark on PC? The trailers and class info look cool, so I just downloaded it today. I hope to start playing in the next couple of days, but I have not yet chosen a server, so if anybody here is already on one (and wouldn't mind me joining), let me know which server you're on.
I chose the Galatur server (eastern US) if anybody ends up giving it a try. So far it's a fun mix of Diablo and WoW, although the storyline feels a bit forced. (Doesn't bother me, though. Plenty of fun skills and animations in combat to keep things interesting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad