Pre-Game Talk: The Nugget

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1653019355677.gif

I think people are overlooking how good Nuge's line has been despite not scoring.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
1653019355677.gif

I think people are overlooking how good Nuge's line has been despite not scoring.
I’m a huge nugget guy. I don’t like condiments so when I was a kid I hated waiting for them to make my special order burger at McDonalds. Then they came out with nuggets. It was a f***ing revelation for me. And let me tell you, while you men eat your pork and beans, my 20 year old son eats more fried chicken than any man ever seen. God bless fried chicken, especially nuggets.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The nugget is just playing reliable hockey. Loads of minutes. All situations. Upped his defensive game in the playoffs. Never gonna blow your socks off dangling down the ice. More likely he is gonna dump save chase. But that's ok. He is doing lots out there up help get the wins.

He is also way more effective when he plays with 2 forwards that can win board battles and make plays off the boards. Like healthy drai and yams. Or right now hyman and pulju. Nuge is at his best imo when he is finding open ice in the offensive zone and getting set up to take shots.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Nuge is this generation's David Legwand...a former high draft pick who has never enjoyed the same mega-point totals he had in junior, but whose presence still plays an integral role to his team's identity and success.

Speaking of success...tomorrow night is one of the most important Game 4's in franchise history. This is exactly where Calgary turned things around against Dallas (refs and horseshoes notwithstanding) and got their confidence back. We cannot...CANNOT...allow the Game 4 curse to continue.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The nugget is just playing reliable hockey. Loads of minutes. All situations. Upped his defensive game in the playoffs. Never gonna blow your socks off dangling down the ice. More likely he is gonna dump save chase. But that's ok. He is doing lots out there up help get the wins.

He is also way more effective when he plays with 2 forwards that can win board battles and make plays off the boards. Like healthy drai and yams. Or right now hyman and pulju. Nuge is at his best imo when he is finding open ice in the offensive zone and getting set up to take shots.
Never is a strong word but rarely is more accurate.

Reactions: oobga

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I don't recommend the Nugget deal as follows from BK

View attachment 551010
We have an 8 piece from BK for 2.99 in Alberta. They're terrible but my go too for el cheapo lunch when I forget my own for work.

As for the topic, I can see Calgary coming out storming. McDavid will have a big game so just weather the storm of the first 10-20 min and get to work on the final 40.

McDavidKindaFast

Jun 10, 2021
We have an 8 piece from BK for 2.99 in Alberta. They're terrible but my go too for el cheapo lunch when I forget my own for work.

As for the topic, I can see Calgary coming out storming. McDavid will have a big game so just weather the storm of the first 10-20 min and get to work on the final 40.
really? what makes them so much worse than McDonald's nuggets?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nuge will be huge as usual. That doesn’t mean he’ll score a Hatty, but that’s not why we signed him. Nuge brings it 200 ft on the ice and on both special teams units. His value shows in his complete game not in his point totals (which is still pretty damn respectable). The Nuge slander around these parts needs to stop. You are Oilers fans, how do you not realize what Nuge brings by now.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Nuge will be huge as usual. That doesn’t mean he’ll score a Hatty, but that’s not why we signed him. Nuge brings it 200 ft on the ice and on both special teams units. His value shows in his complete game not in his point totals (which is still pretty damn respectable). The Nuge slander around these parts needs to stop. You are Oilers fans, how do you not realize what Nuge brings by now.
Yup it's frustrating reading the GDT at times if Nuge would of went to FA at least 20 teams would have inquired, he is one of the best PK players in the league he also was instrumental with a smart puck push on Hyman's game-winner Friday

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yup it's frustrating reading the GDT at times if Nuge would of went to FA at least 20 teams would have inquired, he is one of the best PK players in the league he also was instrumental with a smart puck push on Hyman's game-winner Friday
Plus he bleeds Oil. This guy wants to be here and he wants success for this organization as badly as anyone. He’s set the precedent that it’s okay to resign here as UFA. Let’s hope that sets the trend for McDrai.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
I once ate 38 McNuggets of the 40 I ordered back in high school.

I mean, imagine having Archibald and Ryan as your linemates being torched each night for almost 2 weeks straight. God, that was stressful. Then get Hyman and Pulj who are top tier possession players on this team. Finally gave him competent linemates and of course he looks better. lol. I definitely trust that line as a defensive zone deployment.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I once ate 38 McNuggets of the 40 I ordered back in high school.

I mean, imagine having Archibald and Ryan as your linemates being torched each night for almost 2 weeks straight. God, that was stressful. Then get Hyman and Pulj who are top tier possession players on this team. Finally gave him competent linemates and of course he looks better. lol. I definitely trust that line as a defensive zone deployment.
I finished an entire 20 piece McNugget when I was 8 years old. Even my fat friends couldnt do that, I was a legend for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad