The Norris race

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Pietrangelo in the lead currently; Hedman wins it in the end.

Final 3:
1. Hedman
2. Pietrangelo
3. Doughty

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pietrangelo, Josi, Hedman, Doughty and Karlsson, in no particular order. That's a decent top 5.

And, as others have said, Ekholm deserves some love. Holy shit, what a defenseman.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
How does Nick Leddy get completely ignored? Guy is the no. 1 defenseman on the highest scoring team in the league, the hottest team in the league, and one of the best teams in the eastern conference? I'm also pretty sure he's 1 point behind the points lead for defensemen and goals.

Makes sense

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Def not Karlsson right now by any means...he's a shadow of his former self. I'm hoping this is just a temporary thing as he has rushed the puck up ice a mere 3 times this season and isn't controlling games like he used to. The sad reality is most NHL fans really missed out on a spectacular player from 2011-2016 because they were too busy trying to put the guy down.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
Alex from St. Louis, by quite a significant margin. I’d even say he can arguably win the Hart too, and correct me if I’m wrong, but the last D to win the Hart, was Pronger, way back in 2000 with the Blues too coincidentally.

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
Easily Pietrangelo. I doubt he'll have the most points, as either Klingberg, Doughty, or Leddy will pass him in that department, but he'll win.

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
Easily Pietrangelo. I doubt he'll have the most points, as either Klingberg, Doughty, or Leddy will pass him in that department, but he'll win.

As an Isles fan, I will say that the few times I've watched the Blues this year (2 against NYI and a handful of others), I could not help but notice how good Pietrangelo looks. Maybe I haven't watched enough STL the last few years or maybe he's taken his game to a new level, but he has certainly looked like Norris material.

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
As an Isles fan, I will say that the few times I've watched the Blues this year (2 against NYI and a handful of others), I could not help but notice how good Pietrangelo looks. Maybe I haven't watched enough STL the last few years or maybe he's taken his game to a new level, but he has certainly looked like Norris material.
The thing is for Pietrangelo, without Shattenkirk, the Blues needed a defenceman to step up and score. He's done that, but he also has the second best plus/minus in the league at +11. His defensive numbers are up from last year, and he now has a more defensive minded partner in Jay Bouwmeester, so he can carry the puck a bit more, jump in on the rush, and make more dangerous passes that he couldn't make before because he was the defensive one.

Reactions: davinhimself

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The thing is for Pietrangelo, without Shattenkirk, the Blues needed a defenceman to step up and score. He's done that, but he also has the second best plus/minus in the league at +11. His defensive numbers are up from last year, and he now has a more defensive minded partner in Jay Bouwmeester, so he can carry the puck a bit more, jump in on the rush, and make more dangerous passes that he couldn't make before because he was the defensive one.

Petro has taken the PP minutes that Shattenkirk left behind, and he has generally looked much better in the offensive zone. However, Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo has been the Blues top pair since J-Bo was acquired pretty much. They were even paired together for the Olympics on Team Canada. Coaches staple Bouwmeester to Petro.

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
Petro has taken the PP minutes that Shattenkirk left behind, and he has generally looked much better in the offensive zone. However, Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo has been the Blues top pair since J-Bo was acquired pretty much. They were even paired together for the Olympics on Team Canada. Coaches staple Bouwmeester to Petro.
Because it works. And because there's no Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo's minutes have gone up.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Ottawa fans coming in hot...

giphy.gif
Talk about a post that backfired

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad