Confirmed with Link: The #NHLJets have signed goaltender Philippe Desrosiers to a one-year, two-way contract.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We subsequently put him on waivers as well. Did they need to do that because they inked him to an NHL contract?

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
We need to look outside the organization for some goaltending help so i don't mind the move one bit. The depth within the organization at the goaltending position is incredibly weak. Both Berdin and Holm are below average AHL goalies. Holm, in particular, is one of the worst in the league.

The only goalie that is posting decent numbers if Jared Moe. Chevy and co. need to seriously look at drafting a goalie this upcoming draft. It appears to be a blindspot within the organization with regards to needs.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
See you later there, guy?

He had to be put on waivers after signing him.

This guy has been up and down with the Moose this year from Trois-Rivieres in the ECHL. I don't see this as anything more than a Moose move for next year and signing him to a 2-way just gives a little insurance if they need to call up a goalie on an emergency basis.

Also, the AHL playoff roster deadline is Monday, so getting him signed today and through waivers so he can officially be on the Moose roster for Monday makes sense.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
He had to be put on waivers after signing him.

This guy has been up and down with the Moose this year from Trois-Rivieres in the ECHL. I don't see this as anything more than a Moose move for next year and signing him to a 2-way just gives a little insurance if they need to call up a goalie on an emergency basis.

Also, the AHL playoff roster deadline is Monday, so getting him signed today and through waivers so he can officially be on the Moose roster for Monday makes sense.
Yep. He's been a solid goalie in the E and as you say has spent a bunch of time bouncing back and forth.

Not an NHL goalie but Berdin is out and has been carrying something for a while now and they're looking to go on a Calder run this year. Purely Moose, IMO.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Sure hope Helle isn't injured from yesterday or something like that
Your comment reminded me that Hellebuyck took the brunt of that collision last night with Erik Haula. Hopefully unrelated to Hellebuyck's health.
I know there's a small market for goalies right now, so maybe a team is looking for a depth pickup like Comrie who's shown decently well this season.

Reactions: jetsforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad