The NHL Expanding, What do you do?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If they do expand, and it's sounding like Las Vegas is the first team. From what I remember is that you can lock up to 10 or 13 untouchable players and they can take any other 2 players to add them to the new franchise. Correct me if I'm wrong but if this is the case. Who are the 10 you protect and who are you afraid to lose that's not protected on your list?

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
If they do expand, and it's sounding like Las Vegas is the first team. From what I remember is that you can lock up to 10 or 13 untouchable players and they can take any other 2 players to add them to the new franchise. Correct me if I'm wrong but if this is the case. Who are the 10 you protect and who are you afraid to lose that's not protected on your list?

Too early to speculate as it depends on the rules ie number of players you're allowed by position and whether ELCs count or not.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Today this would be a non-issue. Three years from now it may be harder to pick 10, especially if players on ELC were available. Too many what ifs and regardless of what the league says there's still a chance of relocation which would make it a moot point. If Vegas becomes an expansion and there is a limit to the number of players we can protect then it could be an interesting discussion depending on the timing and whether it includes ELC players or not.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Odds on Vanek finishing out career with the Las Vegas Loansharks? :sarcasm:

But seriously, there is simply not enough talent to justify expansion, even it there is certainly enough ownership greed to prompt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad