The Next Nine

The Next Nine-How many points for the Jackets?

• More than 9

• Between 1-4

Results are only viewable after voting.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I'm thinking it could be 6 after 9. 4 tough games coming up. As someone mentioned in the GDT they have been winning ugly (or something to that effect).

It was me, but I referred to that NJD game, that was kind of ugly win.

Otherwise CBJ has been much better than expected with ~0 top-6 centers for example.

CBJ was expected to be around ~30th spot on the league (and that's still a possibility), but so far there has been so much stuff that is better than in the last season so I think they can do better than that.

I am just worried to see Harrington on ice. Maybe not on PK, but on 5-on-5 when Harrington is on ice, they are often unable to leave the defensive zone.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Although I understand the euphoria about the Jackets performance so far I still am encumbered by 20 years of disappointment therefore I'm still not sold.

4 of the wins have been in OT. The As were missing 2 top D and their top RW, the Isles were struggling and an expansion team in its 2nd game ever.

Time will tell but I still feel the Jacks finish in the bottom 10. BTW this is optimistic me because I was sure they were destined for bottom 5 when season started.

Reactions: NotTooWideArena

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Although I understand the euphoria about the Jackets performance so far I still am encumbered by 20 years of disappointment therefore I'm still not sold.

4 of the wins have been in OT. The As were missing 2 top D and their top RW, the Isles were struggling and an expansion team in its 2nd game ever.

Time will tell but I still feel the Jacks finish in the bottom 10. BTW this is optimistic me because I was sure they were destined for bottom 5 when season started.
Oh, I'm not proclaiming we're playoff-bound at this phase either. Yes, we're on a 109-point pace at the moment, but Carolina is on a 164-point pace and Arizona is headed for 8 points, so it's safe to say that it's too soon to come to any conclusions about the season as a whole.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I think around 10th from the bottom sounds reasonable. The competition hasn't been the best yet. And if we went 2-2 in extra time instead of 4-0, we'd be 4-5 overall right now.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
If they keep this kind of composed game play and goalies continue to play like they have been so far, CBJ continues to surprise many teams even without Laine and that center X that's needed in the long run. Is it Sillinger, though?

I think one thing is quite clear right now: they usually cannot win goal scoring feasts against let's say Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Colorado, Florida, Tampa Bay, but instead they need to play tight "playoff hockey" and they can beat anyone on a good day.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
10 points from 14 points... very good IMHO. Still win Caps and Rangers before OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad