Confirmed with Link: The next head coach of the San Jose Sharks should be.. Update: It’s David Quinn

Poll: Who do you think should be the Sharks New Head Coach

• Andrew Brunette

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Claude Julien

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alain Vigneault

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Joel Quenneville

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Mike Babcock

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Travis Green

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Jeff Blashill

• Rick Tocchet

• David Quinn

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Dave Tippett

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Guy Boucher

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • AHL coaches

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YUPPY

Oct 5, 2020
The Sharks have a GM in place and the NHL draft has been completed. Now the Sharks should focus their attention on finding a permanent head coach. There is a handful of names available for a coaching position.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm going on record that I think David Carle will become a very good NHL coach one day and I would like for him to do that with the Sharks.

With that said, probably gonna be Kris Knoblauch if he does have a close relationship to Grier

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
If the Sharks hire Quenneville, then all talk, past, present, and future, of them being a high-class organization with a great culture is total bullshit.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Selachimorpha

Feb 18, 2015
Do you think MG will change the Barracuda coaching situation too?
Sommer is already with the Gulls. Think they give McCarthy this year. They seem to like him as a development coach to go with a young group.

Reactions: knu

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Hot take: hire AV on the condition that LOLuongo also comes in as goaltending coach above Nabby

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If the Sharks hire Quenneville, then all talk, past, present, and future, of them being a high-class organization with a great culture is total bullshit.
Quennville requires reinstatement by Bettman before he can be hired. I think the situation is still too fresh to be politically correct to hire.

Missing boxes: College coaches. NHL Assistants.

And now that Weight is on board, he does have coaching experience. (My guess is he'll be helping out at development camp.)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
From previous thread (that got merged into firing thread):
Check out this Podcast: The Latest ... The Latest ...

Friedman and Marek Friday morning

Trotz won't be coaching this upcoming season, regardless of what teams come calling (to concentrate on some family/personal issues).

Coach Q is out there, but would need to be reinstated by Bettman. Babcock has a high stink factor as well.

Personally, I'd be looking at coach under 60.

Exploring the idea

So, should the new GM be GMMG?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad