The next german coach

Who would you choose?

• Total voters

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
My guess is Flick with Kuntz behind him. Don’t think the federation wants to touch Rangnick while Klopp and Nagelsmann (especially the latter) don’t want to coach the NT yet. Find it hilarious Matthaus is an option, guy has failed everywhere he has gone during his Eastern European model search tour

Reactions: Lambo

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Klopp, but he probably won't want the job.

If the question is who I think will be the coach, likely Kuntz or someone with a smaller profile.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
as long as Bierhoff is involved with the german national team, I don't care who coaches. None of the realistic options (counting out Klopp, Nagelsmann, Flick, Tuchel) are particularly appealing to me. But then again nothing about the national team is, so they would fit pretty well.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Whoever is the next washed up Low.

First name which came to mind is Michael Skibbe :D Somewhat similar career path, both coached big clubs in Turkey and then B-level leagues (Low in Austria and Skibbe in Switzerland). Only Skibbe has international experience already and was part of the DFB during their low early 2000 period

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If Klopp wasn't the Liverpool manager, I would say it would be most interesting to see how he did the job. He doesn't want it (well, probably not now anyhow), but it would be interesting to see.

Saying that, I think you could do a short stint with Rangnick, and then move to a longer term option.

I do think it's kinda funny that you didn't put the token Jurgen Klinsmann option. He would never get it, but it would be funny to see

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because Flick has had a lot of conflict with the Bayern board and has a lot of experience within the DFB

A lot of conflict? Not sure about that. Of all the club managers mentioned though, I think he'd be the most likely because he was with the National Team not long ago as an assistant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad