The new WHL.CA website

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016
Terrible.

Some changes to their stat pages are a welcome switch but it's brutal to navigate. Will be sticking to the media version of site from now on.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Might actually be worse than the NHLs, which I didn't think was possible.

Why fix something that wasn't broken? The WHLs site was basically perfect. Nice layout, easy to look at and find everything. Now it is a boring, complicated mess. The Q did this a few years ago, and I was really hoping the rest of the league wouldn't follow.. But sure enough.

FWIW, ive only been on it with my phone, so maybe it's a little better on the computer, but I'm sure it's not much different.

ryleyb

Mar 29, 2016
I disagree pretty completely. I found the old site dated and buggy. When I was at games and wanted to look up simple things like the stats for one of the teams, it was almost impossible on my Android phone. Now it's clean and obvious how to get to everything.

Good job to the WHL for the massive improvements.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am not a fan, but I assume it is like the NHL site and this has made it better for phones/tablets.

takehisheadoff

Nov 2, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
I disagree pretty completely. I found the old site dated and buggy. When I was at games and wanted to look up simple things like the stats for one of the teams, it was almost impossible on my Android phone. Now it's clean and obvious how to get to everything.

Good job to the WHL for the massive improvements.
Are you the web master of that new site:laugh:

moon*

It is brutal to navigate but I haven't used it on my phone so maybe that is the big improvement.

I don't understand though in 2016 why they couldn't deign a site that works for desktops and phones.

Hordichuk_24

It is brutal to navigate but I haven't used it on my phone so maybe that is the big improvement.

I don't understand though in 2016 why they couldn't deign a site that works for desktops and phones.

Their app is fine for checking scores and looking at schedules, rosters, etc. But I agree with the gist of your post. Especially the news section. Far from impressive on the app.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
New WHL Website

I would suggest that if everyone doesn't like the website. That they email the WHL and say that it isn't as good as the old site and need improvements.

Sports leagues are dependent on the fans not the other way around, so when fans are not happy tell the league. I find accessing items such as previous bantam draft, transactions and miss seeing all games shown on the right side and not have to see a ticker along the top of the page.

There are a lot of very good WHL fans that use this web site and support there team and the WHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad