The New Scoreboard

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
In case anyone missed it, the Wild have images of the new scoreboard... looks better than the concept art made it look like it would! That wood paneling isn't as bad as I thought it would be!

ScoreboardReveal1_slide.jpg

ScoreboardReveal2_slide.jpg

ScoreboardReveal3_slide.jpg

ScoreboardReveal4_slide.jpg

ScoreboardReveal5_slide.jpg

ScoreboardReveal6_slide.jpg

ScoreboardReveal7_slide.jpg

ScoreboardReveal8_slide.jpg

ScoreboardReveal9_slide.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That first picture, it's showing the size of the video from the old board... pretty dramatic difference!

Billy Mays Here*

I wonder if we ever would have gotten one under the previous ownership. Thank goodness for Leipold.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Apparently the 4 corner lighthouse structures (the lighthouse, the Zamboni organ and the two stages) have lighting/video structures on them as well now too.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
They just need someone playing the Zamboni organ on a regular basis. In my three years back here I've only seen them do it for one game.

Agree with this of course.

And the scoreboard looks amazing from the pictures. I'll be there tonight to see it in person! :yo:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
They just need someone playing the Zamboni organ on a regular basis. In my three years back here I've only seen them do it for one game.

Once a year they should have old time hockey night - paint the sideboards white, no ads, and can the rock music and go with organ only.:yo:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The scoreboard is amazing! Now they just need to work out the bugs when it comes to actually operating it... :laugh:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Once a year they should have old time hockey night - paint the sideboards white, no ads, and can the rock music and go with organ only.:yo:

That would be epic, but of course they'd lose money so they'd never do it since clearly this card measure was to "keep" more in their pockets.

I don't even care if it was like "Menard's Old Time Hockey Night" it would still be an awesome idea.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
The scoreboard is amazing! Now they just need to work out the bugs when it comes to actually operating it... :laugh:
Preseason games have never been more intense up there I'm sure. Control board is probably ridiculous compared to the Y2K model.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
These are the light display boards that they've added to the 3 lighthouse corners....the actual lighthouse structure was set up a little differently.

Second photo was taken after warmups. The pic doesn't do it justice. The scoreboard looks smaller and further away when in reality, it was right in your face. A monster. Completely worth the wait. You can see the freaking eye color of nearly every fan they put up on it.

XcelEnergyUpgrades1_zps29a75eb1.jpg

XcelEnergyUpgrades2_zpsa2b785bf.jpg

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Thanks for the pictures! I will be there tonight and against the Snooze. Can't wait to see the scoreboard in person.

Got on there a bunch of times in previous seasons, maybe people will be able to see my individual beard hairs. :S

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
Haven't read thread...but can anyone weigh in that has been to preseason games?

I've had section 214 season tickets since day 1. Does the new scoreboard obstruct the view of the upper deck? Obviously it will prevent seeing parts of the seats but does it obstruct the ice view at all? When they installed the new skybridge at MSG it absolutely destroyed that venue. Place sucks. Praying the Xcel is still in its old form.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

I've had section 214 season tickets since day 1. Does the new scoreboard obstruct the view of the upper deck? Obviously it will prevent seeing parts of the seats but does it obstruct the ice view at all? When they installed the new skybridge at MSG it absolutely destroyed that venue. Place sucks. Praying the Xcel is still in its old form.

Zero obstruction from where I was sitting, upper deck side. Can't speak for the ends but I think it's fine from everywhere.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Daktronics came out and measured from every view imaginable in that place to make sure that if you were sitting, you were able to see the ice from your seat. Cousin works for them in Brookings and was here for a solid week with her team doing sight lines before they even designed it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'd find it hard to believe they'd be short sighted enough for that. I never had a concern that they'd create obstructed view seats because of the upgrade.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Just one of the benefits of having an arena that's designed specifically for hockey instead of for a basketball team with hockey compatible seating (And the Islanders new home doesn't even have THAT).

eternalfaith

Aug 15, 2007
Minny
Just one of the benefits of having an arena that's designed specifically for hockey instead of for a basketball team with hockey compatible seating (And the Islanders new home doesn't even have THAT).

Islanders new arena was built for B-Ball so the scoreboard is centered for B-Ball games but since they have to retract part of the seating to fit a hockey rink the scoreboard is actually offset for hockey.

a_560x375.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad