OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer III - The Fours may reopen after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
McGreevys_sign_Echo9er-flickr.jpg

I am heartbroken

McGreevy's in Boston's Back Bay Has Closed | Boston Restaurant Talk
A Back Bay sports bar that was headed up by the leader of a popular local band has shut down.

According to a source, McGreevy's on Boylston Street is no longer in operation, with an article from bostonmanmagazine.com having a quote from Ken Casey of the Dropkick Murphys where he says the following:

McGreevy's was my start in the restaurant business, but I have sad news: McGreevy's will not open after the pandemic....It's heartbreaking to me. Who knows, maybe someday we'll open in another location. But the landlord wanted April rent, and full May rent … and June — what are you going to do?"

McGreevy's first opened in 2008, with the name coming from "Nuf Ced" McGreevy, who opened a bar called the 3rd Base Saloon in Boston in the late 1800s. (His name was also mentioned in the 2004 Dropkick Murphys hit "Tessie.")

Ken Casey is also behind The Yellow Door Taqueria in the South End and Dorchester and the Lower Mills Tavern in Dorchester, all of which remain open for business.

The address for McGreevy's was 911 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02115.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
It’s always sad to see a nice pub close, especially one with the history of McGreevys. I still miss Braddocks (Doyle’s) in JP. always stopped in for lunch when in the area. Loved Cronin’s in Harvard SQ. though it closed long ago.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't get how they can mandate this without any discussion or making it a law? Has to be something that can easily be challenged. Especially for something like a flu shot that is rarely ever the right med for the strain of flu out there, therefore it's efficacy is always limited at best.

The anti-vax brigade will come out full force on this...

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don't get how they can mandate this without any discussion or making it a law? Has to be something that can easily be challenged. Especially for something like a flu shot that is rarely ever the right med for the strain of flu out there, therefore it's efficacy is always limited at best.
I fully expect it to land in court by the end of the week

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I fully expect it to land in court by the end of the week

You mandate a vaccine like the polio vaccine bc it prevented you from getting that and not being able to walk. But a seasonal flu vaccine that has limited efficacy year over year? Hard to see that as necessary or vital to attending school. Seems like this is nothing more than a trial run for them to try and force kids to get the covid vaccine when it's available.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Low efficacy rate year after year means it's not a must have. Last year it was what, 45%? Is that really something that you mandate as required? Ulterior motives are very obvious with this one, IMO.
I don’t like the idea either, to be honest.

But I don’t think it’s by ulterior motive. I think it’s a measure they’re banking on to make folks more comfortable with the idea of the schools reopening. That more people will appreciate the measure than those who feel it is government overreach.

Not something I’d support if it was mandated where I am though.

Reactions: Kate08 and LSCII

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I don’t think the flu shot should be required for the same reason I won’t take the Covid 19 vaccine right away.

more than happy to put something in my body if I know it works. When it’s an unknown or a shot in the dark, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad