MEEEEEEEEELLLLNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYKKKKKKKKKK

MEEEEEEEEELLLLNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYKKKKKKKKKK!!!

11 times to represent the amount of cap space we have.

and on a minor note Alfie's departure.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
At this point, this might be the only chant that actually goes down during a whole Sens game at CTC.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
everyone in agreeence? can't be that hard to start it up. Get a few drunken college students involved, be really loud, you got this.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
well he does care about the team, he came out and voiced frustration after EK and has always defended the team, and when he was flush, he spent on the team too,

poor guy, but we could have done without the theatrics during the summer, and the playing games with the city

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Light us UP UP UP
Come Light us UP UP UP
Light us UP UP UP
You're on fire

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Maybe I'm a staunch traditionalist but whatever happened to boos?

If we were a cap team then Boos would be just. Melnyk said he was not going to improve this team beyond a certain point so this is on him. People paying to see a team that clearly has holes is not right.

As another poster said he spouted off too much this off season that it has probably affect the way people precieve him.

He deserves the boos. or the Mmmmmeeeeeeeellllllllllllnnnnnnyyyyyyykkkkkkkk!!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Melnyk pours his pockets into getting us a cup final now we stab him in the back.
He piggy backed on an already good team and added some pieces. Also we did it with a 44 million dollar cap. He has made a lot of Money off of buying the Sens and the building for 92 million. It is valued at $220 million as of November of last year.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Everyone should just throw pennies on the ice the next time he does a ceremonial puck drop.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Why is the Sens losing Melnyk's fault again?

Having as owner that refuses to pay to the salary cap puts us at a huge competitive disadvantage.

People realize that this team + Alfie and Gonchar could be a strong contender and they rightfully blame Melnyk for not coughing up the dough to make that a possibility.

Melnyk pours his pockets into getting us a cup final now we stab him in the back.

According to Melnyk if you don't win the cup every time you pay to the cap it's a blown investment. The reality is that competitive teams invest to the cap perennially in an attempt to maximize their chances of success.

I'll always be grateful for what he did when this team was on the rocks, but if he can't afford to ice a competitive roster he should either partner up with somebody who can or he should just sell the team. This is a solid market and a promising young roster. Somebody with deeper pockets must be interested.

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Everyone should just throw pennies on the ice the next time he does a ceremonial puck drop.

Or this.

simpsons-pretzels-o.gif

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
How about at the 11:11 mark everyone gets real quiet and basically makes it so that you can hear a pin drop in the place? :sarcasm:

Then suddenly after 10 seconds of pure insanity, everyone gets up out of their seats and yells..............
"1-2-3-4
WE WON'T COME IF YOU DON'T SPEND MORE!" :yo:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't like how people are tying this into Alfie leaving.

Is our fan base really this fickle? I mean I knew we were kinda fairweather and whatnot, but we have to stop crying about our GF who dumped us. Get over it. Move on. ***** all you want about lack of money but stop with the chanting at 11:11 and all that. It just makes us look pathetic.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
How about at the 11:11 mark everyone gets real quiet and basically makes it so that you can hear a pin drop in the place? :sarcasm:

Then suddenly after 10 seconds of pure insanity, everyone gets up out of their seats and yells..............
"1-2-3-4
WE WON'T COME IF YOU DON'T SPEND MORE!" :yo:

Syllables are the death to chants.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I don't like how people are tying this into Alfie leaving.

Is our fan base really this fickle? I mean I knew we were kinda fairweather and whatnot, but we have to stop crying about our GF who dumped us. Get over it. Move on. ***** all you want about lack of money but stop with the chanting at 11:11 and all that. It just makes us look pathetic.

Not really about Alfie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad