News Article: The new (added) local hockey writer for The Athletic

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Staple had been alluding to someone coming on
peter-baugh-new-york-rangers-islanders-devils/

"I’ll team up with Arthur Staple to bring readers comprehensive coverage of hockey in the metro area, and I’ll also work on national features. With the Rangers, Devils, Islanders, and the league office all in New York City or a short commute away, this is a place with endless potential for stories"

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
KfL_qQ6dHKT3eabVKxmkk4X7SK4=.gif

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Quick google search shows that he was writing for the avalanche up until a few weeks ago.

FWIW their fan base liked him but I suppose anyone is good when Adrian Dater exists.

Staple is an islander guy through and through and it showed. He did/does a good job covering up hat team but everything about the Rangers came through gritted teeth. Tossed a ton of nonsense out there regarding Laf and his “reputation” coming out of juniors when he had a rough pre season. That’s the kind of shit that he would never do for an Islander player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Staple had been alluding to someone coming on
peter-baugh-new-york-rangers-islanders-devils/

"I’ll team up with Arthur Staple to bring readers comprehensive coverage of hockey in the metro area, and I’ll also work on national features. With the Rangers, Devils, Islanders, and the league office all in New York City or a short commute away, this is a place with endless potential for stories"
Like is not for posted content but thank you to OP for keeping us informed

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
He mentions he'll be covering the Rangers, Devils and Islanders in his write ups, but will spend a "good chunk" of his time covering the Rangers

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Good read from Peter about Bowen Byram's concussion history and recovery process.

Cant help but compare it to Chytil's ongoing issue. Byram has played every game this season for the Avs. Hopefully Chytil will have the same future with the Rangers

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I have an Athletic subscription and read most of their hockey stuff. Baugh is a very good writer on the merits.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00