The 'Nazi' Jersey Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameEight

Sep 10, 2012
Sorry if this one has been started elsewhere.

I just want to go on the record, as a Canadian, saying that I dearly hope we don't go over there with those black jerseys.

The point is, it doesn't matter what we think, or a few execs at Hockey Canada, or Nike, consider this to be all about.

The art of consideration in this case entails actually thinking about what the Russians had to put up with in WW2, and a google search regarding 'how many people died' may be the deal closer.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON

I just want to go on the record, as a Canadian, saying that I dearly hope we don't go over there with those black jerseys.

The point is, it doesn't matter what we think, or a few execs at Hockey Canada, or Nike, consider this to be all about.

The art of consideration in this case entails actually thinking about what the Russians had to put up with in WW2, and a google search regarding 'how many people died' may be the deal closer.

Please tell me you're joking. :laugh: :facepalm:

GameEight

Sep 10, 2012
Not joking. And, since you apparently didn't do a google search, I will only provide this quote, and say no more . . .

While the army was fighting the Russian army, soldiers from the SS Einsatzgruppen murdered hundreds of thousands of civilians. This was all part of Hitler’s plan to get rid of 'sub-humans' from Europe. It is thought that as many as 20 million Russians died during the war.

Do you really want us to show up in Russia, as the world looks on, wearing garb that reminds the locals of what that felt like??

Last edited:

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

Are you really attaching a 'victim' label to the Soviet Union?

The sweater just needs the red band to be put on the other arm, that's all. The only real connection being drawn between the two is the red arm band on one arm.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Not joking. And, since you apparently didn't do a google search, I will only provide this quote, and say no more . . .

While the army was fighting the Russian army, soldiers from the SS Einsatzgruppen murdered hundreds of thousands of civilians. This was all part of Hitler’s plan to get rid of 'sub-humans' from Europe. It is thought that as many as 20 million Russians died during the war.

Do you really want us to show up in Russia, as the world looks on, wearing garb that reminds the locals of what that felt like??

post-2-0-22890000-1371676794.jpg

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Are you really attaching a 'victim' label to the Soviet Union?

The sweater just needs the red band to be put on the other arm, that's all. The only real connection being drawn between the two is the red arm band on one arm.

I think it'd look much, much better that way anyway. Lol at the Nazi comparison.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The black Team Canada jersey has a red armband which means they're the SS.

Just like Michael Jackson here:

article-2041148-0E0E512400000578-175_306x423.jpg

....... :amazed: He's making an issue out of that? :laugh::laugh:

I would understand if there was a freaking swastika on it, but a red armband? Wow...:shakehead

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada

Frickin' hilarious. I, too, am sorry if this has been started elsewhere.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
So let me get this straight: We should be concerned about offending the Russians (who mind you killed roughly 20 times more innocent people than the Nazis) because of a red arm band that has a vague similarity to nazi uniforms? You can't be serious. The IIHF let the Russians play with retro CCCP uniforms at the 08 Worlds, something that is insulting to the millions oppressed and occupied by the Soviets. I hardly think a red arm band is anything to be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad