Post-Game Talk: The mysterious Jackelope comes from the mists to carry the Jets to salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Really unfortunate that the goal on Helle didn't go in off Stuart's backside. Could have started calling him Hainsey Jr.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
you're confusing players with fans. They don't follow prospects witha fine tooth comb like fans do. Sure they heard he's good,b ut they're not going to allt he sudden play a different game because there's a goalie making his debut,t hat's just silly.

Don't forget that they all practiced and played together in TC and pre-season. I'm sure the players are well aware of everyones pedigree.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
you're confusing players with fans. They don't follow prospects witha fine tooth comb like fans do. Sure they heard he's good,b ut they're not going to allt he sudden play a different game because there's a goalie making his debut,t hat's just silly.

It is amazing how a change can psychological boost to a team. Especially when they were probably at a confidence low. All the players will know about Hellebuycks pedigree. They needed something to shake things up, a fresh start. We've seen it with this team before.
They can be a mentally fragile team at times.

Hobo Bob

Jan 29, 2015
Winnipeg
It is amazing how a change can psychological boost to a team. Especially when they were probably at a confidence low. All the players will know about Hellebuycks pedigree. They needed something to shake things up, a fresh start. We've seen it with this team before.
They can be a mentally fragile team at times.

I'm sure the Jets had every confidence in Connor but I think it's more the fact that they really wanted to shelter him. We got the same thing last year when Hutchinson played his first string of games and the Jets seemed to have extra motivation to play defensively.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hellebuyck was solid, but just about any goalie could have won that game tonight. The Jets were absolutely dominant in all zones. They only had a couple or three shifts where they were running around - one with Pardy on the ice and after a bad play by Ladd at the Wild blue line.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Not impressed with that at all. Unless I'm misreading that blank stare, looks like really poor sportsmanship on Hutch's part

Come on?

If you had a camera on Hellebuyck for the last game, you would've gotten the exact same look.

Its a commercial timeout, goalie heads to the bench to grab a splash.
A situation that happens several times a game.

What is Hutch supposed to do? Gaze deeply into his eyes?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Quick thoughts....

One of the best efforts by the Jets in a long time. They completely thrashed the Wild. The score flattered the Wild, by a lot.

LLW - Little and Wheeler were flying. A great effort. Ladd is looking quicker and more into the game, but still struggles to make good plays with the puck.

PSS - Terrific game by this line. Best game by Perreault all season. Scheifele played a fast and hard game and his defensive zone positioning was excellent. Stafford played a smart game and was dangerous.

TBE - Great game by this line. Ehlers had a very strong game in all zones. He played it smart, but seemed to be all over the ice. Should have shot on the 2 on 1, but really deserved the goal. Might be the only Jet that I feel confident in on a breakaway. Burmi was a beast tonight. Say what you will, but he is a very good 3rd line C. Thorbs played fast and made a nice chip for Ehlers' goal.

LCP - Another strong 4th line game. Better game from Lowry. Peluso was a positive player, as was Copp.

Enstrom - Myers - Didn't think it was Myers' strongest game in his own zone, but he was terrorizing the Wild in their zone. Enstrom was fine.

Pardy-Buff - Pardy had a forgettable game. Buff's game was the opposite. He was a force.

Stuart-Trouba - fitting for Stuart to get the first NHL goal against Hellebuyck. He was feisty, but a trainwreck with the puck. Okay, that's the Trouba we've been waiting for. He was dominating tonight. I liked everything about his game.

Hellebuyck - Solid game. Didn't need to do much. Quiet in the net. Looked confident.

Maurice - Kudos for playing his top-4 D more. Stuart at 14 minutes and Pardy at 9 minutes makes them look a lot better, especially when Trouba is in beast mode.

Here's my problem, game ended about 6:00 PM, now here I am sitting around until way after 9:00 PM to read THE Whillee post game summary, finally get it and now the wife and I can go out for a nice dinner!:rant:

;)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hellebuyck was solid, but just about any goalie could have won that game tonight. The Jets were absolutely dominant in all zones. They only had a couple or three shifts where they were running around - one with Pardy on the ice and after a bad play by Ladd at the Wild blue line.

Jets really tightened it up defensively and made it real easy for Helly, remember way back when and they used to do that for Hutch (until he started letting the team down with soft goals) and Montoya.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Team played well. Solid goaltending made a big difference. Really liked Hellebuyck.

LOL! Defense was tighter than a ducks arse and he faced 15 measly shots. But yeah he stopped everything except Stu-pid!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Here's my problem, game ended about 6:00 PM, now here I am sitting around until way after 9:00 PM to read THE Whillee post game summary, finally get it and now the wife and I can go out for a nice dinner!:rant:

;)

Just got back from Africa - had to quickly watch the PVR of the game and write the QT, knowing that Sip was breathing down my neck.... the pressure, I tell ya... :laugh:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
lol I hope that video of Hutch on the bench is in jest. He's checking out something on the other side of the ice daydreaming, guys......I do that alllll the time

Couldn't tell if the Jets were really good or the Wild were really bad. Who knows. One thing that stood out to me: we absolutely must sign Byfuglien. He is showing no signs of slowing down, and I can recall a number of games this year where he was the best player on the ice (this was one of those games). The opposite goes for Ladd.

Hellebuyck looked cool, calm and collected. Play him tomorrow, I think it's a no brainer.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Want to add that I liked the way Burmi and Ehlers are starting to play together. They could be a good duo going forward.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Anyone know where I can get a picture of Ehlers celebrating with Buff after he scores on the breakway?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
On side note, this team will take a huge step forward when Morrisey is good enough to replace Stuart

folix

Jul 24, 2011

uhhhh yeah they do. Some more then others mind you, but I don't know of too many NHL players that don't read the "hockey news" They know the kids that are up and coming in their system.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Anybody watch Helle's post-game interview? hahaha
I've never heard more ridiculous questions asked. Poor kid.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Buff was definitely on fire tonight. Making great defensive and offensive plays.

That man-beast NEEDS TO BE RESIGNED !!! Give him 6.5 for 6 years , IF the Jets have some extra coin lying around AFTER he is signed then make Ladd a reasonable offer but only AFTER BUFF is resigned . :nod:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That man-beast NEEDS TO BE RESIGNED !!! Give him 6.5 for 6 years , IF the Jets have some extra coin lying around AFTER he is signed then make Ladd a reasonable offer but only AFTER BUFF is resigned . :nod:

I honestly am not interested in Ladd long term.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
lol I hope that video of Hutch on the bench is in jest. He's checking out something on the other side of the ice daydreaming, guys......I do that alllll the time

Couldn't tell if the Jets were really good or the Wild were really bad. Who knows. One thing that stood out to me: we absolutely must sign Byfuglien. He is showing no signs of slowing down, and I can recall a number of games this year where he was the best player on the ice (this was one of those games). The opposite goes for Ladd.

Hellebuyck looked cool, calm and collected. Play him tomorrow, I think it's a no brainer.

Ya i think Hellebuyck should start again tomorrow night as well but Maurice will take a beating on here either way . If he starts Hellebuyck and we lose Maurice will be a idiot for playing a goalie on back to back nights . If he starts Hutch and we lose , it will be he should of played Hellebuyck :shakehead

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
rzGi0u6.gif

What I look like when I see Pavs as the starter ^

Newgug8.gif

On side note, this team will take a huge step forward when Morrisey is good enough to replace Stuart

Oh how the Decaffeinater has fallen.
arnold-schwarzenegger-flabby-terminator-5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad