OT: The Music Thread Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Difford and Tillbrook are a very underrated song writing duo
Definitely. It's always struck me as odd that their biggest hit in America, and really the only one that gets much airplay was sung by Paul Carrack, who was only actually in the band for a short period of time, with backup vocals by Elvis Costello. Still a great song, but not the best representation of their whole body of work.

Basic answer, I know, but my favorite Squeeze tracks are Another Nail in My Heart or Pulling Mussels from the Shell. I could listen to the groove at the end of Cool For Cats for hours though.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
Definitely. It's always struck me as odd that their biggest hit in America, and really the only one that gets much airplay was sung by Paul Carrack, who was only actually in the band for a short period of time, with backup vocals by Elvis Costello. Still a great song, but not the best representation of their whole body of work.

Basic answer, I know, but my favorite Squeeze tracks are Another Nail in My Heart or Pulling Mussels from the Shell. I could listen to the groove at the end of Cool For Cats for hours though.
I could put "Single's, 45 and Under" on a loop and be perfectly happy.

I didn't know Costello did back the up vocals on Black Coffee in Bed

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I could put "Single's, 45 and Under" on a loop and be perfectly happy.

I didn't know Costello did back the up vocals on Black Coffee in Bed
Tempted. He sings the 2nd part of every verse with the low voice and then falsetto. I think Difford mimed it in the music video and live performances, but it was Elvis, who produced the album as well.

Edit: Listened again, it's actually just on the second verse alternating with Tillbrook and the repeated "what's been goin' on" in the outro. Definitely Costello.

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad