The most aesthetically pleasing player?

whcanuck

May 11, 2017
Fedorov or Coffey. Brian Leetch is up there. Fedorov had the most technically perfect skating stride I’d ever seen. Coffey would glide faster than anyone else skating full speed. Leetch’s balance and directional changes were so effortless and smooth

Reactions: Sentinel

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Ziggy Palffy was excellent on breakaways, and goalies often seemed to play him too aggressively, which led to a lot of "fun" looking goals. Deceptively speedy. He also had a wide "wingspan" for a guy who was 5'10-ish, scored lots of strange angle goals with quick shots. One of my faves for sure.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kovalev, and Datsyuk were artists. They were so smooth, and deked people out effortlessly on a regular basis with unique moves.

Coffey looked like he was skating on air.

Niedermayer's stride looked incredibly effortless.

I didn't see Beliveau live, but he looked so graceful in the highlights.

I'm also going to add Gomez as a darkhorse. The way he would bring the puck up from his own zone. He didn't lose the puck, and while is stick looks busy, I think he was barely touching the puck.

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes
I think there are multiple answers to this.

I always thought Mogilny had the most beautiful body movements of any hockey player I've ever seen. When he was young he was an extraordinarily beautiful skater, with deft movements. And his arsenal of shots were unmatched in beauty, in my opinion.

But on a broader scale, there were others who were nicer to watch. One of them is Bobby Orr. His skating was unrivaled and extremely beautiful.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
To me Niedermayer made it look the most effortless moving around, just so smooth.

I think if you're talking strictly hands, I'd go with Kovalev. Datsyuk to me had the best hands but his style was a bit unorthodox. Kovalev was just a pure dangler.

I think Bure was probably the most aesthetically pleasing in terms of speed + hands.

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
I think Almo and his slightly contemptuous and restrained elegance deserve more praise, although it received at least some. My guy would be Mikael Nylander. Soft hands, tight turns. He was floating like a butterfly and not stinging like a bee at all.

Kariya was a pleasant one too. Very graceful and elegant in every movement.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
There was a anarchy expressed in the movements by Curtis Joseph which I enjoy. A simple save could have sufficed, but many a times he transformed a simple scene with a blinding stroke of genius which turned his career into a gallery of art.

Who in your opinions had the most aesthetically beautiful glove saves?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
There was a anarchy expressed in the movements by Curtis Joseph which I enjoy. A simple save could have sufficed, but many a times he transformed a simple scene with a blinding stroke of genius which turned his career into a gallery of art.

Who in your opinions had the most aesthetically beautiful glove saves?

Rogie Vachon

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Most fun goalie to watch was Mike Palmateer
I think fundamentals for aesthetically pleasing for goalies rather than unorthodox but entertaining styles like Hasek or Thomas, or chippy goalies like Hextall or Smith. I'd be inclined to say someone like Price. Big, athletic, but still sound on fundamentals.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Daniel Carcillo.

nah but there are so many good answers for this. From my lifetime- Eichel can be fun, Dahlin is gettin there, but overall- well, Datsyuk was sick. Niedermayer sick. Prime Pronger aesthetically pleasing if that’s your thing. Lotta people have given good answers, Afinogenov had some amazing moves- obviously not the overall game, but just that ability to deke a dude outta his jock just with his speed and quick change of direction- brb gonna go look up highlights.

Oh man, I’d forgotten the jersey tuck. Dude was aesthetic af.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
I would also mention Steve Lemieux, the guy was just shadow Mario. I even thought at first it was his little brother

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad