Confirmed with Link: The Montreal Canadiens have signed former Carolina Hurricane Drayson Bowman to a PTO

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Actually there is, unless you plan on keeping 3 goalies in the NHL.. which they aren't. Tokarski can't be send down without going through waivers.

I'm not worried.. we have a good prospect and one of the best backups, shouldn't have trouble dealing whoever they choose to.

No there isn't and they're not planning on keeping 3 goalies in the NHL. Tokarski was good for 2-3 playoff games? The sample size is nothing to get overly excited about. It's not like he led the habs to the finals. I think they'll just wait until Budaj's contract is over to promote him if nothing else comes along.

Edit: Check capgeek, the guy is on a two way rate for 2014-2015 (http://capgeek.com/player/924). I'd think people were expecting him to play in the AHL this season.

habitue*

No there isn't and they're not planning on keeping 3 goalies in the NHL. Tokarski was good for 2-3 playoff games? The sample size is nothing to get overly excited about. It's not like he led the habs to the finals. I think they'll just wait until Budaj's contract is over to promote him if nothing else comes along.

Habs don't have the luxury to lose Tokarski for nothing. The guy can be the ideal backup for Price for years to come.

Analyzer*

My buddy (canes fan) says he's not very good, but a scorer in the AHL.

Gives some competition to the roster.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Habs don't have the luxury to lose Tokarski for nothing. The guy can be the ideal backup for Price for years to come.

Nobody is going to claim a goalie off waivers at the beginning of the season, they would have to include him on their NHL roster and nobody is going in with 3 goalies. Teams that have injuries can still sign Bryzgalov or Brodeur. There's just too many goalies still available to be worried.

They won't lose him for nothing. :nod:

Edit: BTW ideal backup for Price for years is very arguable, specially with Fucale in the pipe.

habitue*

Nobody is going to claim a goalie off waivers at the beginning of the season, they would have to include him on their NHL roster and nobody is going in with 3 goalies. Teams that have injuries can still sign Bryzgalov or Brodeur. There's just too many goalies still available to be worried.

They won't lose him for nothing. :nod:

Edit: BTW ideal backup for Price for years is very arguable, specially with Fucale in the pipe.

If a team has an injured goalie, especially a backup, Tokarski would become a very valuable option.
Many NHL teams have worst backup goalies than Tokarski. Loo at Winnipeg and New Jersey for example.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If a team has an injured goalie, especially a backup, Tokarski would become a very valuable option.

No.. come on.. Brodeur is still without contract. There isn't a single GM in this league who would choose a goaltender with a total of 8 NHL games last season over Brodeur or even Bryzgalov, regardless of price/contract. You're just exaggerating, take a deep breath ;)

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Liked him as a prospect back in the day, great hockey name to boot. Best of luck to him, hope he makes enough of an impression we at least sign him for the Dogs! Don't think he has much of a chance to make our actual NHL roster though.

habitue*

No.. come on.. Brodeur is still without contract. There isn't a single GM in this league who would choose a goaltender with a total of 8 NHL games last season over Brodeur or even Bryzgalov, regardless of price/contract. You're just exaggerating, take a deep breath ;)

Brodeur would become just a publicity stunt. The guy is 42 for god sake and still thinks he can be a #1.

Brysgalov: what a joke of a goalie.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Many NHL teams have worst backup goalies than Tokarski. Loo at Winnipeg and New Jersey for example.

There are goaltenders that are unrestricted free agents that would be better options than Tokarski and cheaper too.

As for "many" NHL teams having worse back ups than Tokarski, I think that is a massive reach.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Brodeur would become just a publicity stunt. The guy is 42 for god sake and still thinks he can be a #1.

Brysgalov: what a joke of a goalie.

You're just going in circles, Tokarski isn't a more desirable option. You'll see once season starts what happens.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I hope he makes it.....the Dogs I mean. Would be a real asset for them.

habitue*

There are goaltenders that are unrestricted free agents that would be better options than Tokarski and cheaper too.

As for "many" NHL teams having worse back ups than Tokarski, I think that is a massive reach.

You should go to Capgeek and have a look at the available ufa goaltenders....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Always been a big fan of Drayson Bowman. Thought he was a steal in the 3rd round and well, he played NHL games, for the 3rd round, that is somewhat of a steal.

I don't think he ever found his offensive touch at the NHL level. Good gamble for here or the Dogs. He's definitely good depth to have for the 4th line. Especially if we can trade Moen for ANYTHING.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

You're just going in circles, Tokarski isn't a more desirable option. You'll see once season starts what happens.

I don't get the hate for Tokarski. He has won everywhere he played, with the exception of a rude awakening in the last playoffs, coinciding with his baptism of fire in the NHL. He certainly was not the weak link of the team, especially if you remember the last game, a 1-0 loss. He certainly impressed me. So he's 5'11", big deal; so was Dominic Hasek. So much success in professional sports boils down to competitiveness, which this guy brings in spades, notwithstanding his athletic and technical abilities.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Sbah will be happy ;) . Good pickup for Hamilton, I was hoping for one more signing like that, a scorer at the AHL level with decent pro experience. Will probably fill the Blunden role.Still fairly young too.

I do like his play and work ethic, hopefully can find a place with the Habs organization.:handclap::handclap:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
My buddy (canes fan) says he's not very good, but a scorer in the AHL.

Gives some competition to the roster.

He's been a scorer everywhere he's played other than NHL.

He's just one of those guys that is top 6 or bust.... Unfortunately, it looks like bust for him

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Always been a big fan of Drayson Bowman. Thought he was a steal in the 3rd round and well, he played NHL games, for the 3rd round, that is somewhat of a steal.

I don't think he ever found his offensive touch at the NHL level. Good gamble for here or the Dogs. He's definitely good depth to have for the 4th line. Especially if we can trade Moen for ANYTHING.

Theres nothing right that can replace the type of player that is Moen right now in the Bulldogs. I want Bournival to play games and battle with Travis for it. But there's no way that we should have Andrighetto play on the fourth line this season. Bourni should play the offensive type games and Travis the more rugged games. We need Moen unless we can find a better 6ft2+ veteran to replace him.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I don't think he'll go to Hamilton, the habs would have signed him to a contract if he was willing to go there.

He's on a try-out to compete with Sekac for the open spot with the big club.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
A former teammate of tokarski in the whl, I believe. A very good Spokane team, that was.

I remember him! He was pretty damn good. I thought he would make it back then, things are looking grim for him if the best he can do is a PTO.

Drayson%20in%20red-M.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad