The month of March: Put up or shut up

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
We’re going to see what kind of team this is next month. 3 game set against the Lightning, a pair against the Stars, 4 games with the Panthers with another pair against the Bolts sandwiched in between, and a pair against the Canes to finish the month.

Damned near an entire month playing against the Southeast invaders, and every team north of us in the standings.

After next month, my guess is we’ll either have wildly exceeded anyone’s expectations, or settled in to exactly what they thought we’d be.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
We’re going to see what kind of team this is next month. 3 game set against the Lightning, a pair against the Stars, 4 games with the Panthers with another pair against the Bolts sandwiched in between, and a pair against the Canes to finish the month.

Damned near an entire month playing against the Southeast invaders, and every team north of us in the standings.

After next month, my guess is we’ll either have wildly exceeded anyone’s expectations, or settled in to exactly what they thought we’d be.

Didn’t KBS already do this with February?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
So the cookie crumbles in March ...back into the lottery sweeps?
They might have won enough games that they'd have to lose 10/14 of their games in regulation over the month to put themselves in the lotto conversation.....also, they've got 2 more at home against the Wings before the month is over.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
You know, I'm a fan too and I do want to see this team win, but seeing the improvement in our kids, the improved special teams, Cat's turning into a two way player, our fantastic Euro pickups all without our top two centers means that as far as I'm concerned were playing with house money now. I'm not going to worry about those games. We'll play hard and maybe/probably even win a few. Making the playoffs would be great but this season has been a big win already. Most fun watching the Hawks in years!

DesperateBeliever

Jun 16, 2019
You know, I'm a fan too and I do want to see this team win, but seeing the improvement in our kids, the improved special teams, Cat's turning into a two way player, our fantastic Euro pickups all without our top two centers means that as far as I'm concerned were playing with house money now. I'm not going to worry about those games. We'll play hard and maybe/probably even win a few. Making the playoffs would be great but this season has been a big win already. Most fun watching the Hawks in years!

I haven't seen today's game yet, but honestly everything since those first few games has felt like gravy.

Things are changing, there's a reason to be optimistic. It's nice and I refuse to be glass half empty about it.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I haven't seen today's game yet, but honestly everything since those first few games has felt like gravy.

Things are changing, there's a reason to be optimistic. It's nice and I refuse to be glass half empty about it.
I just hope it's not a Vancouver situation where they're good this year and then take a huge step backward next year.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

I agree. I'll be ok either way on playoffs. There are obvious flaws with this team and a lot of inexperience. If we can't hang with the top of the league, it doesn't mean the year is a failure.

Reactions: DesperateBeliever

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Yeah, it's a gauntlet. So what? If it came earlier, that probably would have been quite a bit more problematic, but now? Bring 'em on. No better measuring stick than playing top teams.

FWLIW, I think Florida is not as good as their record suggests.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad