The molson cup is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelpj*

Yeah I know Price is top goaler, blah blah blah.

But giving him the February Molson Cup, really? He hadn't been the best player for the Habs this month, he is not the no1 reason this team is succeful right now.

Seriously, that cup is a Joke, hockey is a sport team, the 3 stars are already there each game to reward the best player of the game, do they really need to give a this casserole to a player each month?

Serious HABit

Jul 16, 2009
Forum Ghosts
trade everyone! Replace MB with a competent GM and fire the entire coaching staff.

I agree the Molson Cup is useless! Darkest day in Habs history.

Maelpj*

Oh my god, stop whining. The Molson cup is given to the player that gets the most 3 star points in the month, which are voted by the fans.

Which is why Price got the 3rd start last game.. Just showing how those stars are completely garbage

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I don't dislike the Molson Cup as much as I dislike the fact that the fans vote for the three stars. Often time's the top three players in the game don't get picked.

For instance if Galchenyuk scores one goal instant star.

If Moen scores a goal, get's an assist, throws 8 hits, get's in a fight, blocks three shot's and dives across the crease to save price from an open net goal. no star.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
The players could care less about this trophy. [and I don't think they ever cared]
You could see it in their faces when they accept it.

So why do people care so much?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Hum.. how can I say this.. oh yeah. WHO ****ING CARES.

Doesn't mean jack to anybody. Not the fans, not the management, not even the player that receives it.

Why whine about it.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
I don't dislike the Molson Cup as much as I dislike the fact that the fans vote for the three stars. Often time's the top three players in the game don't get picked.

If Moen scores a goal, get's an assist, throws 8 hits, get's in a fight, blocks three shot's and dives across the crease to save price from an open net goal. no star.

:laugh:

If Moen ever had a game like that he would be given the keys to the city.

OutbreakCH

Sep 6, 2009
Montreal

I think its important for the confidence of the younger players to receive a star compared to someone like Moen.

Habsterix*

Yeah I know Price is top goaler, blah blah blah.

But giving him the February Molson Cup, really? He hadn't been the best player for the Habs this month, he is not the no1 reason this team is succeful right now.

Seriously, that cup is a Joke, hockey is a sport team, the 3 stars are already there each game to reward the best player of the game, do they really need to give a this casserole to a player each month?
While you are right about the fact that the Molson Cup is a joke as it's a popularity contest as opposed to being a true testament of how the players played, you're targeting the wrong crowd here.

Complain about the system to select the 3 stars, not the player voted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad