The Million Dollar Question

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jack has a little leverage in this. He could let it be known that he intends to stay at BU to get his degree instead of going to the NHL next season. He certainly wants to be in a place that his parents can travel to regularly.
his father I remember reading is from Melrose or Medford and was a huge Bruins fan- the Big, Bad, Bruins of Orr.

I'm not sure who he reminds me of but he is to damn smart not to be very good player. I always think Toews but I've heard Patrick Kane but my limited Eichel viewing didn't register that.

It will be nuts if he and Reinhardt are Buffalo's top two centers sooner rather than later.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
He is the real deal.

WCVB: Baby-faced BU freshman Jack Eichel could be NHL's top pick in draft

"Even if you were an alien from a spaceship who had never seen hockey, and you watched this kid, you would say, 'Good Lord, that's a talented athlete,'" Brian Burke, Calgary Flames president, told USA Today in April.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_26...rning-hockey-heads-around-world#ixzz3SPPpPI42

his father I remember reading is from Melrose or Medford and was a huge Bruins fan- the Big, Bad, Bruins of Orr.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Jack has a little leverage in this. He could let it be known that he intends to stay at BU to get his degree instead of going to the NHL next season. He certainly wants to be in a place that his parents can travel to regularly.

Right... so he won't pull a LIndros and refuse to go somewhere.

What would happen is Edmonton would pick him and make it look like they want him to spend a year bulking up in BU when really he has told them to F off and they have a year to trade him or risk him staying yet another season to reenter the draft. '

Its in Eichel's best interest to cooperate for a year and see where they ship him Eichel can always screw the franchise that aquires his rights over and not sign and stay in college as well.

Basically Eichel will have a decent amount of leverage and can probably use it to be traded to a contender not immediately like Lindros but within ayear of being drafted.

BTW I give up Hamilton for him in a heartbeat. Thats what it would take and what would make sense and you let him break in as 3rd C and then trade Krejci after a year or two.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

I'm not sure who he reminds me of but he is to damn smart not to be very good player. I always think Toews but I've heard Patrick Kane but my limited Eichel viewing didn't register that.

It will be nuts if he and Reinhardt are Buffalo's top two centers sooner rather than later.

Cross between Eric Staal and Mike Modano (style comparison)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Right... so he won't pull a LIndros and refuse to go somewhere.

What would happen is Edmonton would pick him and make it look like they want him to spend a year bulking up in BU when really he has told them to F off and they have a year to trade him or risk him staying yet another season to reenter the draft. '

Doesn't work that way. Because he's being drafted out of the NCAA (even if he doesn't stay) I believe they hold his rights for 4 years.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Think Chia is too smart to approach the end of this year as a panic time to save his job. Best thing he can do is treat it as a showcase for the rest of the league (and the bruins brass) for how to approach team building. No one in boston will be impressed with squeaking in to the playoffs with a fatally flawed team and no one around the league would take a shine to a GM who panics for short term results either.

He's not in an awful spot- he has the young core, he has a bunch of picks in the next couple drafts, he has some players to move who will open up roster space and bring some talent/picks to work with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad