The Mighty Ducks (Disney+ Series) - Emilio Estevez confirmed to reprise roal as coach Bombay

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's confirmed to be a 10 episode, 30 minute per episode season.

The series focuses on a 13-year-old boy who gets kicked himself off the junior division Mighty Ducks team. He and his mom decide to start their own team, finding players, a coach, and a place to play. The original film focused on a reckless young lawyer Gordon Bombay who, after getting arrested for drunk driving, was forced to coach a kids’ hockey team for his community service.

Take a look at some of the character breakdowns below, with others available as well:

Koob: A shy kid who always plays video games.
Nick: Likes to pretend he has his own imaginary tv show.
Mary: Only described as the popular girl both on the team and at school.
Lauren: An unpopular girl who likes to wear wings and a cape at school and pretend she’s a fairy-magician. Try to be friends with the more popular Mary but she ignores her.

Cuban Fury
director James Griffiths has been tapped to direct all the episodes. The show is set to begin filming this March in Vancouver, Canada, and is expected to wrap in June. Original trilogy screenwriter Steven Brill and original producer Jordan Kerner are on board, while Josh Goldsmith, Cathy Yuspa, George Heller and Brad Petrigala will all executive produce the series with Brill.

Emilio Estevez Returns to The Mighty Ducks: EXCLUSIVE

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I was going to say those character descriptions sound rough before I remembered that I'm not a 10 year old kid anymore and shouldn't be the one judging this. Those movies meant a lot to me as a kid (at least the first 2 did) but I don't think there's anything sacred about remaking or re-imagining them.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Intrigued, but with how bad so many reboots and remakes are, I have tempered expectations.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was going to say those character descriptions sound rough before I remembered that I'm not a 10 year old kid anymore and shouldn't be the one judging this. Those movies meant a lot to me as a kid (at least the first 2 did) but I don't think there's anything sacred about remaking or re-imagining them.
It's also hard to give a good description of characters in 1 sentence. If we did that for the original series, they would look pretty rough too. As long as they seem like realistic representations for kids today to relate to, then it's good. If they are just caricatures of stereotypes of today's kids, then they'll have trouble with getting the kids on board.

Probably like some of the other kid show reboots, it probably won't be targeting the previous audience. It's not like Girl Meets World was trying to mainly target the people that watched Boy Meets World and have those viewers as it's main core audience.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's also hard to give a good description of characters in 1 sentence. If we did that for the original series, they would look pretty rough too.
Haha yeah I was actually just thinking that after I posted it. They do have one kind of defining thing about them, but I think they actually rounded most of them out pretty well, maybe this will be the same.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Haha yeah I was actually just thinking that after I posted it. They do have one kind of defining thing about them, but I think they actually rounded most of them out pretty well, maybe this will be the same.
Yeah, I think that's what it'll come down to. If they develop the characters in a way that kids can relate to and see themselves or their friends in the characters, then there is no reason it can't be a successful kids show.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Surprised he would do it as it seemed he was mostly retired over last 15 years or so

He has only appeared in like 3 films in that time and they were one's he directed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad