The Menu Part 11 The Wentz and Konecny Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
IMG_20191106_201413_01.jpg

Quick and simple dinner. Spaghetti, shrimp, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Cook the asparagus in a white wine with lemon juice, add the shrimp and cherry tomatoes at the end and boom, done. 30 minutes

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What is everyone favorite sushi.

I'm going to a place tomorrow and have no clue other than the

California roll and veggie role.

I always eat the salmon sushi, with the flat piece of salmon kind of drooping on top of the rice. Amazeballs. There is this Japanese sesame dressing that I sometimes drip on there, along with a little black pepper. The only other one I get regularly is the tamago, the egg one. I miss sushi like ****ing crazy. And sashimi.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What is everyone favorite sushi.

I'm going to a place tomorrow and have no clue other than the

California roll and veggie role.

I tend to stay away from the rolls with a dozen ingredients and stick with either simple rolls or regular sushi/sashimi. I usually either let the chef decide or get tuna, eel (salt or freshwater), snapper, or toro (fatty tuna).

When I do get a roll, I tend to get Spider (soft shell crab) or spicy tuna. And yes, as the Cap’n said, tomago (omelet) is good too.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
In honour of this being the 11th menu thread, and the shared interests TK and I have of catching walleye.. A delicious fish fry recipe for you

- Catch and clean fish, same day ideally
- Filet and portion down into chunks, golf ball size
- Dip chunks into flour, then egg wash, then mixture of your favourite semi-finely crushed potato chips (flavoured, suggest salt and vinegar) and panko bread crumbs
- Heat oil in large iron skillet, oil is ready when a wooden spoon will bubble in the oil. Oil MUST be hot enough to hold temps for each session, but not so hot that it burns or smokes
- Fry for approx 2 or 3 mins per side, do not overcrowd or disturb the chunks while cooking
- Serve with potato and bacon skillet hash, brown beans go great with this also

Do this with friends, ideally outdoors, while drinking a case of beer :)

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Ate pizza last night and drank two hoppy beers. Skin is inflammed and gut is bubbly (psoriasis and mild allergy to gluten). @Jtown

A small serving of seasoned scrambled tofu and spinach with a sprinkling of feta.

Fruit smoothie:
Fresh blueberries, 1/4th limewedge squeezed, a couple mint leaves, veg protein, frozen banana, unsweetened almond milk, chia seeds all blended to perfection. I really needed acai for this smoothie to really soothe my belly.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
They're certainly contributing, but the consumption of 1 spoon worth every other day doesn't hold a candle to the dairy, gluten, sugar, and processed meats (on the pizza) from last night. By and large, my consumption of seeds and other PUFA (had to look that up) are the least of my troubles.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
In honour of this being the 11th menu thread, and the shared interests TK and I have of catching walleye.. A delicious fish fry recipe for you

- Catch and clean fish, same day ideally
- Filet and portion down into chunks, golf ball size
- Dip chunks into flour, then egg wash, then mixture of your favourite semi-finely crushed potato chips (flavoured, suggest salt and vinegar) and panko bread crumbs
- Heat oil in large iron skillet, oil is ready when a wooden spoon will bubble in the oil. Oil MUST be hot enough to hold temps for each session, but not so hot that it burns or smokes
- Fry for approx 2 or 3 mins per side, do not overcrowd or disturb the chunks while cooking
- Serve with potato and bacon skillet hash, brown beans go great with this also

Do this with friends, ideally outdoors, while drinking a case of beer :)

****'s sake, that sounds delicious.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad