Blue Jays Discussion: The Melk Man Returneth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If I remember correctly he had alot going on right around the start of the season and just didn't have the time. I did think that he was going to post some up eventually, but not sure. Maybe we can get the old ones up atleast. I'm set with Lawrie either way, no worries here.

yeah I thought they were coming eventually.

The old ones didn't have a Drew Hutchison one did they? I don't think he started the 2012 season and he wasn't around last year due to TJ surgery.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Big red flags surrounding Gatewood's contact ability. Think I'd rather target Michael Chavis who is climbing up the big board. Displays plus hitting, line drive power, solid arm and versatility through the infield.

Perfect Game did a mock and had us picking Toussaint at #9 too. Trea Turner at #11. (Michael Chavis at #10, with Alex Jackson, Nick Gordon and Tyler Beede falling to #13, #14 and #17 respectively)

I can't see the Jays passing on Jackson if he's still there. I would prefer they not draft Beede if he's still on the board. I worry about his consistency and control. Toussaint is ranked I think 16th so are they projecting him to climb a little or just based off of AA's history with high schoolers. I think I'd prefer the more polished college arms in this draft

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Graveman with a fairly shaky Dunedin debut. 4 IP, 4 runs, 9 hits, 1 BB, 3 K's. Left with the bases loaded nobody out but the relief pitcher came in and saved his ass.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Good call. That blocking the plate rule is garbage, if you have the ball before the runner gets there you should be allowed to block the plate to tag the runner

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
How can you possibly know it's a broken foot? He just left the field. Looks like it hit him on the shin anyway.

Obviously posting a worst case scenario as soon as it happened. I edited it to shin when I realized it hit his shin.

It did not look good though. You don't tend to hear someone scream in pain like that unless it's something serious.

At least we tied the game, but I can't help worry that Melky is gonna be out for a while :(

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
just reading on mlbtr that the cubs were scouting Stroman's last start. I really hope we don't move him for Samardzija. He's having a strong start but he's going to test the open market and that really doesn't appeal to me.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
just reading on mlbtr that the cubs were scouting Stroman's last start. I really hope we don't move him for Samardzija. He's having a strong start but he's going to test the open market and that really doesn't appeal to me.

I bet they were impressed :naughty:

DatsyukianDeke*

Here comes AA panic move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad