Movies: The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I generally love these kinds of movies so I'm looking forward to this one.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
One of the great crimes of cinema was killing off Sam Elliot's character in Road House, who was, arguably, an even cooler character than Swayze's. That deprived us of countless awesome straight-to-video Road House sequels throughout the 90s starring Elliot. Oh, what could've been.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
One of the great crimes of cinema was killing off Sam Elliot's character in Road House, who was, arguably, an even cooler character than Swayze's. That deprived us of countless awesome Road House sequels throughout the 90s starring Elliott. Oh, what could've been.

Elliot's characters always get killed off too early. Seriously.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Elliot's characters always get killed off too early. Seriously.

Yeah, I've noted that in the past, myself. His niche as a character actor seems to be as the wise, tough-as-nails sidekick who dies early to ratchet up the stakes and spur the lead actor to revenge. It's nice to see him get a starring role. Maybe he won't die for once.

Ron Livingston still does movies?

My first thought was "Ron Livingston doesn't age?" He looks exactly the same as he did 20 years ago in Office Space.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah, I've noted that in the past, myself. His niche as a character actor seems to be as the wise, tough-as-nails sidekick who dies early to ratchet up the stakes and spur the lead actor to revenge. It's nice to see him get a starring role. Maybe he won't die for once.

Every time I see him casted in an action/adventure movie, I expect that his character will die at some point. If he doesn't, it counts as a plot twist for me.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Sam Elliot has got the best voice in show business. When he appeared on Justified in the latter seasons, the show got better. He was great in Tombstone too.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
One of the great crimes of cinema was killing off Sam Elliot's character in Road House, who was, arguably, an even cooler character than Swayze's. That deprived us of countless awesome straight-to-video Road House sequels throughout the 90s starring Elliot. Oh, what could've been.

Yeah, but it was the only reason for Dalton to be all like, "[Bleep] this, I'm killing Wesley!". That's how awesome S.E. is.

Also, I have with Ron Livingston what I call "Jeff Daniel's Syndrome". When you only think of him as a funny actor because of that one comedy they made but forget they are much more of a serious actor.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Inhave been looking foward to this film. It dropped in theaters as a limited release, but also found it's way to Amazon Prime. I rented it last night and I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed it. Solid film.

As most of us know. The great Sam Elliott stars in this epic tale that's set in WW2 1940's and spans to 1987. The supporting cast is excellent. Ron Livingston was really good. I don't know why he doesn't take on more serious roles like this. Catlin Fitzgerald has a great look for that era in time. She always has. She seems ageless.

This isn't a campy 4th wall type of film. It's dark and serious and I feel like only Sam Elliott with his particular method of acting could have pulled this off and made it believable. Its definitely worth watching. It's not going to be nominated for any awards. Never the less it's a good film.

6.5/10

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
This isn't a campy 4th wall type of film. It's dark and serious and I feel like only Sam Elliott with his particular method of acting could have pulled this off and made it believable. Its definitely worth watching.

6.5/10

yeah.. the movie's mood is a lot more subtle than it's sensationalist title. Basically the story of a man living with the weight of his regrets. Even the fight scene vs Bigfoot was pretty toned down. Elliott plays the role of a realistic & respectful warrior (not an over the top, invincible Rambo sequel depiction).. Title implies it's gonna be a surreal action movie; But it's overwhelmingly just a drama, mundane in a lot of ways.. the events w/Hitler & Bigfoot added some brief, peripheral intensity, but.. For me it was a basic, personal drama.
I rate it a little lower, bcuz it was too slow @ times. Cinematography on the Bigfoot hunt was awesome tho.
(rate it 5, on a 10 pt scale).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad