Online Series: The Man in the High Castle Season 4 is out

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Anyone give me opinion on the first 2 seasons please.

Classic alternate history with some science fiction elements.

A bit of a slow-burn as opposed to intense driving action.

Tries to show what an Eastern US would be like dominated by the Nazi Reich and what the Western US would be like dominated by the Empire of Japan.

Acting is so-so - plot relies on espionage thrills largely with some character building and cultural elements.

If you're a WWII buff you might like it. Otherwise I'd probably steer clear. I enjoy it.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I watched the first season, but lost interest in it a couple of episodes into the second season.
I thought the second season was lacking and, too, had trouble getting through it.

Luckily the last season of the show didn't disappoint. I felt that after its opening 2-3 episodes it shifts into an epic ride. Couldn't stop watching it from there on out.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Really enjoying season 3 half way through. I like that it is touching on the more sci Fi angle.

Don't like that my least favorite character is back.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just finished Season 3, and starting Season 4. Much better then Season 2.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Heh... Saw the trailer. Could be interesting. Anyone give me opinion on the first 2 seasons please.
Very slow. Got up to about halfway through the 2nd season and kind of lost interest. I mean, I plan on picking it up again...just haven't got there yet. Yeah. Cool premise, but very slow going. Amazon keeps hitting me with ads for the 4th season whenever I watch things. It's annoying.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Finally finished this. First season was good and kept me in, season 2 was terrible and lost me. I tried picking back up a couple times and couldn't. Season 3 drew me back in and then Season 4 I started getting excited for, after watching a few episodes i knew it was building to something, then all of a sudden that terrible ending. I still don't understand what happened. I know the director said the final scene was open to interpretation but it made no damn sense.

Also felt completely out of the loop when Julianna said, they are all coming through....like it was a plotline or something that I missed.

Just seemed like a quick decision to end it like that. So many other ways they could have went. All along during Season 4 i thought what was going to happen was that Smith would have time traveled back and stayed in the alternate universe he visited with Thomas.

I felt like the BCR plotline was a waste of time. I understand they needed something to drive the occupation to an end but where were they the entire series? Again just seems rushed and mishandled.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just finished watching, never read the book. I watched the 1st season around the time it came out but while I thought it was ok I didn't keep prime and didn't care to go back as they don't seem to have anything really interesting to me. But I finally got around to watching the whole series, I'm a big history buff, especially WWII but it was just too slow and all the stuff about the travelers just got kind of silly.

I didn't really care for season 4 at all so I just speed through it especially the BCR stuff which was just weak. The ending wasn't good either. I might read the book some day though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad