nice pick on Murphy
interesting pick on MDC, don't think he plays anymore than 9 games if any

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
nice pick on Murphy
interesting pick on MDC, don't think he plays anymore than 9 games if any

We're picking by votes on who's the best team, not by statistics. I think MDC could play in the NHL and be effective, whether or not he is allowed to develop in the AHL/ has to stay in Junior due to age.

I do agree it's an interesting pick as well, it depends if people vote based on how good their years will be, or how good the team would be if they actually played.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
We're picking by votes on who's the best team, not by statistics. I think MDC could play in the NHL and be effective, whether or not he is allowed to develop in the AHL.

I do agree it's an interesting pick as well, it depends if people vote based on how good their years will be, or how good the team would be if they actually played.

You're right, we are picking on votes and if they were my #1 priority I'd have made different selections.

It's not about statistics it's about building the best team for just next season. For some they look at MDC and think wow that's a player with a lot of potential and he's on the 3rd line. For others they see a player that won't make NYI's roster and value other players that are still available more.

Imo if MDC is NHL ready then he should be in the NHL. Who knows he might tear up camp and be in that lineup. If not then you can always theorize what could have been, same with voters.

For me, since this is only for 1 season I have young players ahead of much superior players that are for a fact going to be better in the future based on NHL 15-16 readiness.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
You're right, we are picking on votes and if they were my #1 priority I'd have made different selections.

It's not about statistics it's about building the best team for just next season. For some they look at MDC and think wow that's a player with a lot of potential and he's on the 3rd line. For others they see a player that won't make NYI's roster and value other players that are still available more.

Imo if MDC is NHL ready then he should be in the NHL. Who knows he might tear up camp and be in that lineup. If not then you can always theorize what could have been, same with voters.

For me, since this is only for 1 season I have young players ahead of much superior players that are for a fact going to be better in the future based on NHL 15-16 readiness.

Yeah, I know. It's not the greatest pick in terms of winning, but I decided a while ago to take players that I would like to build a team with. I mean, I'm not going to take McDavid over Kessel because of potential, but I would also be happy with McDavid on my team instead of a more proven player.

I came into this not really expecting to win because I don't really make trades, but to see what type of team I could build for my own curiosity. MDC is a player I would love to have a on a team because regardless if he makes it, he's a blue chip prospect and the LW cupboard is getting mighty empty for top 6 players. I also do see him as a wildcard. If he doesn't make it, I can sell the idea that he would be acceptable in that role and it's just better for his development to not be in the NHL yet. If he does make it and tears it up, I look like a genius! While it looks like a risky pick, I actually sort of see it as hedging my bets. Unless he absolutely flops, he's like the mystery box.

Right now, I want to build a team that would be exciting to watch. I don't care about defensive juggernauts, I want a team that puts fans in the stands, and I think MDC is a player that could be fun to watch. My second goal, along with that one, is to not finish last in voting :laugh:

I expect to look back in a few years and have a few question marks on my picks and wonder how I missed some other guys right in front of my eyes. I just hope MDC, Kassian and my next pick (unless someone else gets him which I doubt) aren't those guys. At least if Kessel somehow flops next to Crosby, nobody could blame me and call me an idiot!

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
Yeah, I know. It's not the greatest pick in terms of winning, but I decided a while ago to take players that I would like to build a team with. I mean, I'm not going to take McDavid over Kessel because of potential, but I would also be happy with McDavid on my team instead of a more proven player.

I came into this not really expecting to win because I don't really make trades, but to see what type of team I could build for my own curiosity. MDC is a player I would love to have a on a team because regardless if he makes it, he's a blue chip prospect and the LW cupboard is getting mighty empty for top 6 players. I also do see him as a wildcard. If he doesn't make it, I can sell the idea that he would be acceptable in that role and it's just better for his development to not be in the NHL yet. If he does make it and tears it up, I look like a genius! While it looks like a risky pick, I actually sort of see it as hedging my bets. Unless he absolutely flops, he's like the mystery box.

Right now, I want to build a team that would be exciting to watch. I don't care about defensive juggernauts, I want a team that puts fans in the stands, and I think MDC is a player that could be fun to watch. My second goal, along with that one, is to not finish last in voting :laugh:

I expect to look back in a few years and have a few question marks on my picks and wonder how I missed some other guys right in front of my eyes. I just hope MDC, Kassian and my next pick (unless someone else gets him which I doubt) aren't those guys. At least if Kessel somehow flops next to Crosby, nobody could blame me and call me an idiot!

And that's all that matters. As long as you like the team, it's a win.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
And that's all that matters. As long as you like the team, it's a win.

T-thanks.

Plus, I do feel like I've managed the cap fairly well. 8 spots with an average of 3m each, and 2 of those guys at least will be well below that. I can make up for lack of high end talent (especially on the left wing) with some depth :yo:

Or Edmonton could give me a call ;)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
@respect

doesn't need to be said. we all like our team and picks so no need for a justification on that. everything else is just discussion

pick is still ft but if theres no good offer when I'm otc I'll pick

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Wondered when Versteeg was going to go almost took him with my last pick but I wanted a big body who could PK.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Intangibles with the youth movement.
Also quite a few Canucks

I know more about Canucks than I do other teams, I'm much less qualified than many of the other posters taking part.

Plus, I didn't realize this was being voted on by the main boards, so I thought picking Canucks could get me some homer votes at the time.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I know more about Canucks than I do other teams, I'm much less qualified than many of the other posters taking part.

Plus, I didn't realize this was being voted on by the main boards, so I thought picking Canucks could get me some homer votes at the time.

Dude I thought the exact same thing. Which is why I went out and got the Sedins as fast as I could lol!

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I got 9 PM's from my join date to this draft.
Since the start of this draft I'm at 506 PM's

:laugh: Oh my

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I think this board is far more critical of our own players than they should

maybe if we're doing well at the start of the season you'll see threads on the main boards started by Nucks fans of how great we are but right now we are pretty harsh on our guys

Doesn't seem to be any interest in this pick so I'll be picking right after RespectYourEdler, unless someone sends me a pm :naughty:

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I think this board is far more critical of our own players than they should

maybe if we're doing well at the start of the season you'll see threads on the main boards started by Nucks fans of how great we are but right now we are pretty harsh on our guys

Doesn't seem to be any interest in this pick so I'll be picking right after RespectYourEdler, unless someone sends me a pm :naughty:

Depends on the player, really. For Kassian, 99% of the posters on this board I actually respect realize he is a valuable player who put up 2nd line numbers while playing with 3rd liners with 3rd line minutes. We all know how valuable Hamhuis is. Also, RadimVrSnipez (i think) thought I was crazy when I was going to take Tanev in round 5-6. While he's super underrated around the league, I think most people on the Canucks board would rate him as one of our more untouchable players. Absolutely solid and could easily be a #2 guy on a championship team. Plus, we're all in love with Bo Horvat and having him as a 3C is great, but I feel around the league he won't be rated as highly.

Dude I thought the exact same thing. Which is why I went out and got the Sedins as fast as I could lol!

I feel like the Sedins are more mixed here. While we all realize how good they are, lots of people seem to call them chokers. I don't feel like getting into more Sedin arguments with people who don't realize how amazing they are for this team. I'd rather just say "but playoffs" when talking about Carter! Also, there are guys that even though we hate, we can't help but to respect them. Like Keith. Best defencemen IMO, overshadowed by overrated Toews, on a really solid contract. We know he can do it all, and play dirty too.

I'm still really sad that Tanev was gone and I had to take Larsson. Keith - Tanev would be such a smooth pairing.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
The Canucks players that have been selected thus far - I think the league as a whole rate them as well as we do

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Depends on the player, really. For Kassian, 99% of the posters on this board I actually respect realize he is a valuable player who put up 2nd line numbers while playing with 3rd liners with 3rd line minutes. We all know how valuable Hamhuis is. Also, RadimVrSnipez (i think) thought I was crazy when I was going to take Tanev in round 5-6. While he's super underrated around the league, I think most people on the Canucks board would rate him as one of our more untouchable players. Absolutely solid and could easily be a #2 guy on a championship team. Plus, we're all in love with Bo Horvat and having him as a 3C is great, but I feel around the league he won't be rated as highly.

I feel like the Sedins are more mixed here. While we all realize how good they are, lots of people seem to call them chokers. I don't feel like getting into more Sedin arguments with people who don't realize how amazing they are for this team. I'd rather just say "but playoffs" when talking about Carter! Also, there are guys that even though we hate, we can't help but to respect them. Like Keith. Best defencemen IMO, overshadowed by overrated Toews, on a really solid contract. We know he can do it all, and play dirty too.

I'm still really sad that Tanev was gone and I had to take Larsson. Keith - Tanev would be such a smooth pairing.

Btw, wasn't me. Tanev is a great pick at 6. A steal. I had him in 5th btw. Great solid guy to have on the back end.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1 minutes ago
Hearing NJD is on the phones with CHI

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Btw, wasn't me. Tanev is a great pick at 6. A steal. I had him in 5th btw. Great solid guy to have on the back end.

Nah it was you, I checked! But it was with the 120/121s. Instead I took Plekanec with the 120 and traded the 121 to Baby Shink for a package including a mid 6th, but Tanev was taken 8 picks before me so I took Larsson instead.

Anyway I said I was taking a D, and you said who, and I said Tanev and you said "ok..." and presumably backed away slowly.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Nah it was you, I checked! But it was with the 120/121s. Instead I took Plekanec with the 120 and traded the 121 to Baby Shink for a package including a mid 6th, but Tanev was taken 8 picks before me so I took Larsson instead.

Anyway I said I was taking a D, and you said who, and I said Tanev and you said "ok..." and presumably backed away slowly.

But I never trashed you on it. He would have been a great pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad