GDT: The low-effort GDT (WPG VS EDM, 7:00PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Erm... so it's 1:09 on a gameday and no GDT...

OILERS LINES:

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Hendricks-Testube-Korpse
Gazdic-Lander-Pakarinen

Sekera-Fayne
Nurse-Schultz
Nikitin-Gryba

Talbot starting.

McLellan said in the media not to read too much into the (awful, terrible, horrible) D pairings.

Not the face, Jets. Oilers outscored 13-3 in the last 3 games.

Plus side: The Oilers play 7 of their next 9 at home, largely against Pacific and Eastern teams.

Downside: Oilers are 4-4-0 against the Pacific, and 9-6-1 against the East. A laughable 1-8-1 against the Central. Last I checked, the Jets play in the Central...

Last edited:

Jisatsu

May 17, 2013
I bet a coworker a buck on this game, but only because we always bet when our teams play each other. I already gave him the buck last night. I'll be really surprised and happy if I get it back.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
It'd be cool if Hall and Drai could score a couple, and for talbot to try and steal back the starter job...

but the apathy has set in pretty bad in this 3 game slide.

If the jets score first, and we play with our usual road effort, I'll be turning this one off and brushing up on my Halo abilities.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I bet a coworker a buck on this game, but only because we always bet when our teams play each other. I already gave him the buck last night. I'll be really surprised and happy if I get it back.

Don't let him screw you, you should be getting two bucks back :P

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpikoski as our 3rd line is not helping matters at all. They provide next to nothing offensively. They should really be a fourth line, and hopefully that's the case when we're healthy.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
...and they still have the 5 game home winning streak alive, so they've got that going for them - I think.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
On one hand, the Oilers are playing at home where they do their best, given they can shelter their soft players in matchups.

On the other, they have Schultz, Nikitin, and Fayne in the lineup. All of whom might as well be wearing jerseys for the opposing team for all their effectiveness as Oiler defensemen.

Potentially a high scoring game, but one where the Oilers are forced to keep coming back after defensive breakdowns.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
This could be really ugly. Realistically, that is mostly an AHL lineup on defense. I'm just hoping that if they lose, they lose with pride and with a good effort, but it's so hard to play with passion when you can't trust your own teammates. *fingers crossed*

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
That defense is atrocious. Can't see us winning with that on the back end.

Last game until Christmas, so let's go with that for the GDT tunes.

Community ftw.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Winnipeg is a tough team.

After last games debacle I have no idea how they haven't benched or sent down both Schultz and Nikita.

It's almost impossible to win with one of those guys in your line up, with both its a forgone conclusion.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
If Hopkins and Eberle play like they did for that 30 seconds in COL, we have a chance.

If they sleepwalk like they did most of that game, we lose.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If Hopkins and Eberle play like they did for that 30 seconds in COL, we have a chance.

If they sleepwalk like they did most of that game, we lose.
If Hall and Drai play like they did last game we win this one. They were on fire but Varly was fantastic.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
First time since their return to the league I've missed a regular season Jets game in Edmonton. :cry:

Have to hope/expect the Jets win this one if they're going to stay anywhere close to the playoff hunt. Man is the Central ever a tough division...

Worst part though is blackouts mean I'll be forced to watch this on Sportsnet, rather than catch the TSN3 feed on GCL.

Velocirapture

The Evil User
Jun 10, 2009
Edmonton, AB

Maybe something a bit more upbeat than last game. Perhaps threatening them with anger wasn't the motivator i thought it was...

uh... We're the best, woo!

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
If Hall and Drai play like they did last game we win this one. They were on fire but Varly was fantastic.

I miss McD-Pou-Yak high octane line. Even when we were losing there was that spark of hope that McD could pull a rabbit out of his helmet. Different feel, different team, different compete level.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hopefully the forwards play good enough to impress Byfuglien ..
We need to sign that guy in the offseason

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
ah dang I was hoping Klefbom would be ready. I suppose it's smart to wait a little extra and then extend his finger rehab to include this xmas break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad