OT: The Lounge Thread Part XLVII - Less wrestling, more memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
No one "loves" Ikea products.

They just love how they're functional for about 1/10 of the price of the nice furniture that they'd rather have but don't want to spend the money on.

idk I actually do love em, I will never see the point of spending more than that on furniture when the IKEA stuff looks just fine... nobody really needs a victorian coffee table with golden ornaments

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No one "loves" Ikea products.

They just love how they're functional for about 1/10 of the price of the nice furniture that they'd rather have but don't want to spend the money on.
A table is a table is a table and the cheaper it is the better.

So yes, I love Ikea.

I also love munching right before shopping and after. Them cinnamon buns and them meat balls are life.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
idk I actually do love em, I will never see the point of spending more than that on furniture when the IKEA stuff looks just fine... nobody really needs a victorian coffee table with golden ornaments
Tbh, most of the Ikea stuff looks just as good, if not better, as the rest of the stuff sold.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
There's a lot of things in between Ikea and what you described.

I'm cool with something in between the two that'll have a good build quality and will look halfway decent.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
There's a lot of things in between Ikea and what you described.

I'm cool with something in between the two that'll have a good build quality and will look halfway decent.

idk man I guess it depends for what, but I feel like IKEA build gets a bad rep

my computer desk is way more sturdy than the ones i've own that weren't IKEA, and that multi-square shelf thingy everyone has might as well just be made out of adamantium

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
idk man I guess it depends for what, but I feel like IKEA build gets a bad rep

my computer desk is way more sturdy than the ones i've own that weren't IKEA, and that multi-square shelf thingy everyone has might as well just be made out of adamantium
If you ever need to move it anywhere, you'll likely either accidentally destroy it by lifting it and moving it 2 feet or will have to take it apart. I've learned this from experience. Even had movers tell us the same thing for our Ikea stuff at our old apartment.

You get what you pay for.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you ever need to move it anywhere, you'll likely either accidentally destroy it by lifting it and moving it 2 feet or will have to take it apart. I've learned this from experience. Even had movers tell us the same thing for our Ikea stuff at our old apartment.

You get what you pay for.
I've had the same bed frame for 15 years now.

Still as good as new.

Though I had to fix it because it's seen a lot of action, IYKWIM.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I've had the same bed frame for 15 years now.

Still as good as new.

Though I had to fix it because it's seen a lot of action, IYKWIM.
giphy.gif

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
ironically the most expensive furniture I have is my kitchen table, which is literally just an oversize shelf since why the f*** would I eat there #bachelorLife

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm fancy and eat at the dining room table 99% of the time.

I never did at my old apartment. It was a storage area / cat bed / nuisance.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Vous connaissez celle-la? Un petit Cesna, 2 places, s'est écrasé sur un cimetière a Terre-Neuve.. Ils ont trouvé 482 corps jusqu'a présent.. Ils creusent toujours, le bilant pourrait s'alourdir..

Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
AC. Should be some kind of regional jet.
Yes, Express CRJ or ERJ 175.. Will be fun i'm sure, quick 60m. flight. Well it's not a Dash héhéhé

If you go American you'll prolly get an Embraer 145, feels like a private jet.. Really small.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I had a flight from YYZ to YUL last year and I swear the f*** to not I had the biggest f***ing plane ever. So stupid, 30 minutes of flight and it took longer to board everyone.

I also wasn't feeling too well when that mastodon was turning in the air to land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad