OT: The Lounge Thread Part XLVI - We can finally get rid of Harry's crappy title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Have a craving for pastel de nata. Closest place to get some appears to be at Cantinho de Lisboa on St-Paul. Have any of my Portuguese compatriots been? And if so would you recommend it?

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Not many things out there better than indulging a food craving. And yes, that includes the obvious

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Have a craving for pastel de nata. Closest place to get some appears to be at Cantinho de Lisboa on St-Paul. Have any of my Portuguese compatriots been? And if so would you recommend it?

I don't know the place but I know the name of the chef. She's also chef at a couple of portuguese restaurants. It looks legit.

Also, I've seen natas at Dame Nature at the train station before. Don't know how quickly they sell though.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I don't know the place but I know the name of the chef. She's also chef at a couple of portuguese restaurants. It looks legit.

Also, I've seen natas at Dame Nature at the train station before. Don't know how quickly they sell though.
What a letdown. They have 2 sizes of Natas - small for $1.50 and large for $2.25. Turns out that "large" at this place means normal everywhere else you would buy them, and the small are barely the diameter of a toonie...

They were out of large. Needless to say I remain nata-less

Reactions: TRG and Mrb1p

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
What a letdown. They have 2 sizes of Natas - small for $1.50 and large for $2.25. Turns out that "large" at this place means normal everywhere else you would buy them, and the small are barely the diameter of a toonie...

They were out of large. Needless to say I remain nata-less

Gotta make money.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Just found out it was a colleague's birthday so I got her a half-dozen cupcakes from Les Glaceurs. She plans to share them during a meeting we have together this afternoon

Seems like my problem is solved

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just found out it was a colleague's birthday so I got her a half-dozen cupcakes from Les Glaceurs. She plans to share them during a meeting we have together this afternoon

Seems like my problem is solved

Why not just get two dozens, one for you, one for her.

Or, why not just get two dozens for yourself and none for her.

Problem solved even more.

Much like Mrb1p's math skills, it did not compute. I'm not paying $1.50 for a pastry the size of a timbit

Bust out the calculator for simple additions trademark

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
There was a bake sale at work yesterday and someone brought natas. I didn't buy any as they didn't look fresh. Oh well.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad