The Logo/Uniform Design Thread.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Those are both fantastic. It's truly a unique look. I love the thin striping. We're lucky if they're anywhere near as good as those, especially the home.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Is the whole Golden Knights thing still a "go" at this point? Or are they still trying to get through the legal entanglements with the Army and that college?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Is the whole Golden Knights thing still a "go" at this point? Or are they still trying to get through the legal entanglements with the Army and that college?

They're confident that everything will be fine.

These things take a lot of time, though. It might be a year+ before there's any resolution.

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
My understanding was that they would've been the Knights if it wasn't for the London Knights junior team of the Ontario Hockey League having a copyright over the name in Canada but there wasn't a problem in the US.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
My understanding was that they would've been the Knights if it wasn't for the London Knights junior team of the Ontario Hockey League having a copyright over the name in Canada but there wasn't a problem in the US.

That's most people just guessing.

The story from Foley is that Knights was never considered. He went from Black Knights to Golden Knights without any intermediate stops outside of the Silver/Desert thing.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
The Las Vegas Black Knights:
LVK-01.jpg

These look really good.. credit to the designer.
Only thing I would change, is eliminate the simulated castle stripes (on the sleeves & around belt-level). I think the jerseys would look sharper & cleaner with a little less. Just my opinion.

These hypothetical home & aways are great.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
These look really good.. credit to the designer.
Only thing I would change, is eliminate the simulated castle stripes (on the sleeves & around belt-level). I think the jerseys would look sharper & cleaner with a little less. Just my opinion.

These hypothetical home & aways are great.

From a branding standpoint, I thought the castle stripes were really strong. :)

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Here's a new concept that includes the actual logo/colors. I wouldn't be mad with these.

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2017/1/23/beautiful-vegas

Shoulder patches are a little wonky, but I'm guessing that's just due to the angle being a little low, I expect they'd wind up where they're supposed to be if these became real.

Is that main color supposed to be teal or grey? Because to me, that "home" jersey looks like someone took this Sharks jersey and replaced the waist/sleeve striping with something taken from a Ducks jersey (either this or this). The Vegas logo is just slapped in there for good measure.

I think there'd be a huge mixed message sent if they hit the home ice in those grays, considering they're the GOLDEN Knights.

This is what I was thinking as well. If the team's name is the Golden Knights, how can you have anything else except gold as the main color of the jersey/uniform?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I am curious to see what a home gold uniform would look like. It might be hideous, but then again it might be so unique and different than anyone else that it might work. Perhaps they'll settle for a third jersey in gold. I think rather than LAS and VEGAS as their potential third jersey design, me thinks they'll probably want to brand VGK on the front if that is what they want everybody to refer to them as, in terms of initials. Kinda like OKC, ATL, PHX in basketball.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Why are they waiting so long to release a jersey? Do they not like money or something?

Reebok is still the uniform manufacturer, and we'll never have a Reebok uniform.

It's almost 100% legal/contract related. I expect we'll see our uniforms the first day that Adidas is the "official" supplier.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Thanks...I thought so too BB. Maybe toned back a tad, so I tried it just on the arms...

Thanks for the mention, jw...Sorry it took so long, but here ya go...

Always looking good Sparky.

I'm holding out hope for the uniforms, I think they've got a lot to work with and the team should hit the ice looking really very nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad