Speculation: The logic of buying out Benoit Pouliot?

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Cap flexibility, potential Draisaitl offer-sheet, the fact he was completely untradeable, the fact that Todd MacLellan was not a fan and a likelihood of having to waive Khaira or Pakarinen to fit him on the active roster.

I thought he was effective at times, was the MVP in Game 7 for us but the coach and GM were done with the guy.
Yeah, all that and more. Its not complicated kids. Clear off the cap space so you can pick up a guy during the year that you actually value. Obviously, I don't think the game plan was for the Oilers to be in the tank and conceivably not be in a position to use the cap space.
Funny think is I'm sure lots of those complaining about the uni
Cap flexibility, potential Draisaitl offer-sheet, the fact he was completely untradeable, the fact that Todd MacLellan was not a fan and a likelihood of having to waive Khaira or Pakarinen to fit him on the active roster.

I thought he was effective at times, was the MVP in Game 7 for us but the coach and GM were done with the guy.
I thought he was effective at times, was the MVP in Game 7 for us but the coach and GM were done with the guy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, all that and more. Its not complicated kids. Clear off the cap space so you can pick up a guy during the year that you actually value. Obviously, I don't think the game plan was for the Oilers to be in the tank and conceivably not be in a position to use the cap space.
Funny think is I'm sure lots of those complaining about the unused cap space were the same guys complaining about Pouliot last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad