The Lockout League - An NHL13 simulation

BergMan

Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn
Am I the only one who doesn't understand this at all? I know we are all desperate for hockey, but why the hell would anybody want to watch a meaningless computer hockey simulation?

If you are that desperate for hockey, go watch another league, or play NHL 13. Spending hours watching a computer skate around seems like the stupidest thing ever to me.

Eh, I guess to each their own. I can respect the dedication I guess.

:huh:

Yea this probably won't be for everyone. It's just fun I pretend its almost like fantasy hockey. That's why the games are short an not full length. It's supposed to be a glimpse into the season we won't have.

Good idea. Any chance we can get highlights if we miss the broadcasts?

Yes I am planning on making highlights after the broadcast and posting them to my YouTube channel. Once that starts I will update the op

Idk if you all are familiar with NHL13, but watching the CPU play each other is like watching a Squirt game...

It really isn't too realistic at all.

We have tweaked the sliders so that scoring game play and stats are similar to a real game. There will be a little more on screen tweaking next week.

The Cheat

Habitual Linestepper
Doesn't this fly in the face of the EULA / no broadcast without permission legal disclaimer on EA's website?

Kinda how some bars got shut down for making events out of the Sopranos episodes, when HBO came in and dropped the hammer on it.

Might want to check with EA first (or maybe you have? :dunno:)?

BergMan

Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn
Doesn't this fly in the face of the EULA / no broadcast without permission legal disclaimer on EA's website?

Kinda how some bars got shut down for making events out of the Sopranos episodes, when HBO came in and dropped the hammer on it.

Might want to check with EA first (or maybe you have? :dunno:)?

Games is sorta different. If you go on YouTube or twitch you will see thousands of people to play a game overlay it with commentary and post it online. If anything it's free advertising to an audience interested in games.

The Cheat

Habitual Linestepper
Games is sorta different. If you go on YouTube or twitch you will see thousands of people to play a game overlay it with commentary and post it online. If anything it's free advertising to an audience interested in games.

I was thinking more along the lines of live streaming. I've always wanted to see something like this happen. They had broadcast cameras in the game from a long time ago... but the problem was no way to just have a timer skip over the period intermissions... so you couldn't just put the game on in the background and let it play out the entire game. It would sit indefinately on the period overview screen.

Should be fun!

RJ8812*

so some of you guys are that desperate for hockey, that you'll actually watch NHL 13 games?

I can understand watching other league, but a simulated NHL 13 one? ok....

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
And as part of a 2 hour special after each night of NHL13 cpu matches, you can watch paint dry. LIVE!

BergMan

Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn
I was thinking more along the lines of live streaming. I've always wanted to see something like this happen. They had broadcast cameras in the game from a long time ago... but the problem was no way to just have a timer skip over the period intermissions... so you couldn't just put the game on in the background and let it play out the entire game. It would sit indefinately on the period overview screen.

Should be fun!

Haha in a way I am a glorified intermission skipper

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This guy hasn't played since NHL 11 ;)

Vancouver made it to the cup final every year of my BeaGM last year. The homerism from EA is attrocious. BTW, this is a pretty bad idea. Anybody who has tried watching a computer playin another computer knows how boring it is. Regardless of tweaked sliders.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad