Trois-Rivières Lions The list of protected players of the Lions of Trois-Rivières is revealed

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
The list of protected players of the Lions of Trois-Rivières is revealed.

The ECHL today unveiled the lists of protected players for each of the teams in its league for the next season. This was also true for the Mauricie team, the Lions of Trois-Rivières. ECHL teams are authorized to protect as many players as they wish provided they respect the rules of the collective agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players Association.

Etienne Montpetit, Louis-Philip Guindon, Bradley Johnson, Ryan Zuhlsdorf, Sam Dunn, Connor Welsh, Shane Kuzmeski, Markuss Komuls, Brett Beauvais, Francis Thibeault, Philippe Bureau-Blais, Alex Breton, Mathieu Brodeur, Luke Orysiuk, Jesse Lees, Matthew Barron, Zach Kaiser, James Phelan, Cedric Montminy, Nicolas Guay, Nicolas Larivière, William Lemay, Conner Chaulk, William Leblanc, Brendan Soucie, Cole Gallant, Chrystopher Collin, Jonathan Joannette, Chad Pietroniro, Alexis D’Aoust, Julien Nantel, Tim Vanstone et Anthony Nellis.

La liste des joueurs protégés des Lions de Trois-Rivières est dévoilée - Source du Hockey
8BD1BC48-0360-48DE-91ED-8129A2D06C0E.jpeg

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The list of protected players of the Lions of Trois-Rivières is revealed.

The ECHL today unveiled the lists of protected players for each of the teams in its league for the next season. This was also true for the Mauricie team, the Lions of Trois-Rivières. ECHL teams are authorized to protect as many players as they wish provided they respect the rules of the collective agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players Association.

Etienne Montpetit, Louis-Philip Guindon, Bradley Johnson, Ryan Zuhlsdorf, Sam Dunn, Connor Welsh, Shane Kuzmeski, Markuss Komuls, Brett Beauvais, Francis Thibeault, Philippe Bureau-Blais, Alex Breton, Mathieu Brodeur, Luke Orysiuk, Jesse Lees, Matthew Barron, Zach Kaiser, James Phelan, Cedric Montminy, Nicolas Guay, Nicolas Larivière, William Lemay, Conner Chaulk, William Leblanc, Brendan Soucie, Cole Gallant, Chrystopher Collin, Jonathan Joannette, Chad Pietroniro, Alexis D’Aoust, Julien Nantel, Tim Vanstone et Anthony Nellis.

La liste des joueurs protégés des Lions de Trois-Rivières est dévoilée - Source du HockeyView attachment 719642
I got bored and checked some names.

Nantel has played 1 year out if the last 3.

Seems random.

Reactions: Nevins

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Imagine playing in the echl and having some douchebags trade you away to the other side of the continent. Like are they paid enough to be tossed around against their will like that?

Reactions: Team_Spirit

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Imagine playing in the echl and having some douchebags trade you away to the other side of the continent. Like are they paid enough to be tossed around against their will like that?

This reminds me of the LNHB (Dek hockey "national" league). Look at this trade that was on the front page of their website today :

1687375942440.png

It's crazy that these guys can get traded like that, it's basically a 3 hours drive between Mirabel and Granby, imagine having to do on a week night and having to work in the morning.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yes and no.

They get lesser pay, maybe like 30,40,50k US, but I believe they get other things paid for like car, apartment, etc.

I'm pretty sure in Switzerland you get paid really well AND you get that stuff paid for, but I could be mistaken as I heard/read both like 5 years, or maybe a decade ago.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yes and no.

They get lesser pay, maybe like 30,40,50k US, but I believe they get other things paid for like car, apartment, etc.

I'm pretty sure in Switzerland you get paid really well AND you get that stuff paid for, but I could be mistaken as I heard/read both like 5 years, or maybe a decade ago.
There are little to no perks for ECHLers.

Euro leagues are an entirely different story.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
My cousin played some games for TR. He told me won 400$ can for 1 game. They are more paid in that league vs LNAH.
But he had better advantage in europe. (Car, house, + basic salary)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I must admit I am confused as to what this is exactly. Protecting from what? Not being signed somewhere else?

Yes and no.

Not even an apartment if you are not married, you get a bedroom...

"Even though they are paid only during the six-month regular season, American Hockey League players earn a minimum of $42,375 per year. The average annual salary in the AHL, the equivalent of baseball’s Triple-A classification, is more than $90,000. Players' per diem at that level is $65.

Entry-level players in the ECHL, the lowest level of affiliated professional hockey, earn a minimum of $10,790 per season — almost double the annual salary that entry-level players earn in minor-league baseball. The ECHL per diem is $39 per day.

Their collective-bargaining agreement also guarantees ECHL players a furnished bedroom within a furnished, utilities-paid apartment — a benefit that varies in value based on the cost of living in each city. Married players are entitled to their own furnished, utilities-paid apartment.

And they got that thanks to Mark Messier's father looks like

Minor-league hockey players since 1967 have bargained collectively with their employers through the Professional Hockey Players’ Association. Florek is the Providence Bruins’ player representative to the PHPA, the only minor-league players' union in American professional sports.

It was Doug Messier — father of Hall of Famer Mark Messier — of the now-defunct Portland Buckaroos who led a group of players that hired a lawyer to guide them through the creation of a union. The hope was to achieve adequate health insurance, so that Canadian-born players in the United States didn’t have to send their wives back to Canada to deliver children.

Reactions: ngc_5128

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad