The line to apologize to Marc Bergevin starts here ---->

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Does this mean obnoxious posters will remain calm for the remainder of the season? It's been hard to enjoy this board for a while now mostly because of some people incapable of controlling their temper.

Great trade by Bergevin. This team has a young and solid core.

dreamingofdrouin*

I never doubted bergevin..I don't understand why so many people did...he said again and again and again.."we're building through the draft......that doesn't happen over night...it takes years...now that being said....I never expected this...lol but when the price is that low...sure why not....hell...we might even convince him to sign here

87CROSBYBEST87

Jan 20, 2014
btw

As a Pens fan; I was dreading/ fearing the talk that the Penguins were interested in vanek

Thank god it didn't happen - I was dancing a jig when I heard he went to montreal

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I never doubted bergevin..I don't understand why so many people did...he said again and again and again.."we're building through the draft......that doesn't happen over night...it takes years...now that being said....I never expected this...lol but when the price is that low...sure why not....hell...we might even convince him to sign here

But he isn't building through the draft. This trade and others fly in the face of that statement.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Oh FFS guys.

This trade is a steal. MB went out and addressed arguably our biggest need, at least for the rest of the season, and in return gave away peanuts.

Gotta give credit where its due dammit!

Sorry don't see it at all. Wenow have a guy not wanting to stay and has stated he fully plans on going to free agency. Perfect trade and people wonder why he was gotten so easily and cheaply. BECAUSE NO OTHER GM WAS WILLING TO THROW A PICK OR PROSPECT OUT THEREFOR A GUY NOT WILLING TO RE SIGN.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The guy added Vanek, Ryder, Weaver, Prust, Brière, Murray, Bouillon for spare parts and salary dumps but he gets hated because he didn't want to add mercenary Jagr. Yet the same people who wanted Jagr also wanted to blow the team up for draft picks.

If he resigns Vanek long term, he'll have done a tremendous job in 2 years. The next step is finding a replacement for Therrien, hopefully when Babcock becomes available.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Not worried about Minnesota , if Habs do something special over the next few months , integrate Vanek and show him a winning program things will take care of themselves . It's easy to think you want to be a free agent when you play for Buffalo and the Isles in their current form. Hearing a sold out crowd , Michel Lacroix giving the home town call, the other rock star perks it might change the situation.

Discussion between Vanek and his wife, on June 30th :

Vanek: Sweety, I know the plan was to sign in Minnesota and I really am soooooo excited to be living so close to your family and friends, but....

Wife: ....BUT......???

Vanek: Well, playing for the Habs, ''for a winning program'' (???), things just felt different.. Like in a good way... "hearing a sold out crowd, Michel Lacroix giving the home town call, and the other rock star perks'''

Wife: Say that again?? WTF are you on??? Did you take something!!!

Vanek: NO baby.. I mean, they really have great french schools and we always said it would be great if the kids learn TWO languages.

Wife: Is this a ****ing joke???

Vanek: ........ YA of course babe, come here ... you know I would never say no to Minnesota and your dreams ..

Wife: OK ... you're such a loser sometimes lolz ....So like I was saying, I saw the nicest home outside Saint Paul's...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
btw

As a Pens fan; I was dreading/ fearing the talk that the Penguins were interested in vanek

Thank god it didn't happen - I was dancing a jig when I heard he went to montreal

Go cry in your Cheerios, I thought you had to be over 13 to post here.

Apr 28, 2010
Me yesterday: FU Bergevin
Me today: XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

What a crazy day. I was so mad when I heard about Dubnyk :laugh: Then a coworker told me about Vanek..:vhappy:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I just hope the hysterical criticism stops . Hopefully it's plausible now that Bergevin can get the job done.

As much as this is a great pick up (mostly if he gets re-signed...if not he likely will be forgotten as quickly as Wisniewski), it does beg the question what exactly is the team's plan...

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Discussion between Vanek and his wife, on June 30th :

Vanek: Sweety, I know the plan was to sign in Minnesota and I really am soooooo excited to be living so close to your family and friends, but....

Wife: ....BUT......???

Vanek: Well, playing for the Habs, ''for a winning program'' (???), things just felt different.. Like in a good way... "hearing a sold out crowd, Michel Lacroix giving the home town call, and the other rock star perks'''

Wife: Say that again?? WTF are you on??? Did you take something!!!

Vanek: NO baby.. I mean, they really have great french schools and we always said it would be great if the kids learn TWO languages.

Wife: Is this a ****ing joke???

Vanek: ........ YA of course babe, come here ... you know I would never say no to Minnesota and your dreams ..

Wife: OK ... you're such a loser sometimes lolz ....So like I was saying, I saw the nicest home outside Saint Paul's...

Definitely what I was thinking when Vanek said on TSN that he'd consult his wife on where he'd end up next :laugh:

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Does this mean obnoxious posters will remain calm for the remainder of the season? It's been hard to enjoy this board for a while now mostly because of some people incapable of controlling their temper.

Great trade by Bergevin. This team has a young and solid core.

I'm not sure why you would call hab loving posters obnoxious just because they don't agree with MB and the way he is doing things.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Where does he say its not a good deal ? The question is whether this is a good enough deal to offset some of the not good deals he's made in the past. I know that everyone loves to put the most importance on the most recent trade/decision but you have to look at his whole body of work.

What you are arguing is equivalent to beating the defensing champs one game and proclaiming your team the best in hockey.

I'm not a hater, I dont expect home runs on every deal but if vanek walks ( extremely likely) to me this gets me closer to " meh" than it does to "good".

He's made the team better in the short term without sacrificing prospects, but he's also made longer term deals that did not, and do not, smell so rosy.

I think one needs to take a broader view. If Vanek helps us win a playoff series or 2, it's a huge benefit to the team, especially the young players.

He and his family may grow to love the city and for all we know the Wild might do well with Moulson and opt for him instead of Vanek. They likely can't afford both.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Vanek = CANCER

It will fester in the span of 20 games. Ask his ex teammates

Too much backslapping in habsville methinks

Posted By 87CROSBYBEST87

If my Penguins are eliminated; I would like to see the Blues or Sharks win the Cup

Always cheer against habs, sens, red wings, flyers and caps

Why the **** are you here troll?

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I'm sorry, I held off on bashing him untill the last day or two and then he pulls this off so I don't feel too bad but still should eat some crow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad