The Lightning have set several new Franchise Records in 2014-15

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It'd be kinda weird to not even win the division while breaking all those records from a team that topped the East and won the cup.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
With the win last night we have now tied our franchise record for wins at 46. Still 8 games to go.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Anyone know the record for most 10+ goal players in a season? Feels like we might have broken that one (11).

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Anyone know the record for most 10+ goal players in a season? Feels like we might have broken that one (11).

That would be 11 with Connolly counted.

And 12 could be Stralman (has 8) it would be tough but he only needs 2

And 13 could be Namestnikov (has 6) a little reach here but he does have a scoring touch. One little old hat trick would put him right on course. :)

I remember the year the Lightning lost to Boston in the semi finals that the Bruins
were a real big talk with the amount of ten goal scorers on their team.
I haven't heard too much with the Lightniing this year with their 10 goal scorers like I kept hearing with the bruins that year.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
That would be 11 with Connolly counted.

And 12 could be Stralman (has 8) it would be tough but he only needs 2

And 13 could be Namestnikov (has 6) a little reach here but he does have a scoring touch. One little old hat trick would put him right on course. :)

I remember the year the Lightning lost to Boston in the semi finals that the Bruins
were a real big talk with the amount of ten goal scorers on their team.
I haven't heard too much with the Lightniing this year with their 10 goal scorers like I kept hearing with the bruins that year.

Stralman and Names need only one more.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So in conclusion:

This season we set new franchise records in:
50 wins (47 ROW) - old record was 46.
65.9 P% - old record was 64.6.
108 points - old record was 106.
259 goals scored - old record was 253.
Bishop had 40 wins - old record was 38.

Did I miss anything?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The stat that our longest losing streak was only ever 2 games has to be (or tie) some kind of leauge record.

You forget how lobsided the league was for years. I'll bet some of the dynasty teams, or the powerhouse Red Wings/Avalanche/Devils team matched that feat.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
You forget how lobsided the league was for years. I'll bet some of the dynasty teams, or the powerhouse Red Wings/Avalanche/Devils team matched that feat.

Thats true. I looked up teams with the fewest lossess in a season and the 1976–77 Canadiens had 8 lossess in their season (80 game season). None back to back. However they did have a loss and a tie and two ties back to back, so in a way it's a 2 game winless streak. (Yeah I'm stretching). Even the Hawks team from 12/13 had back to back lossess on 2 seperate occasions despite only having 7 lossess all year. So matching that feat of not going longer than 2 games witout a win is pretty good company.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad