The League-Wide Mock Draft - Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I will help jumpstart this.
I had hoped to pick today...
Because I will probably be busy tomorrow.
Oh well.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Send in the list!

Where was your list bro?
We waited quite a while for you.
:laugh:

Regardless...
There are still 3 picks before me...
And with our pace...
That will be a while.

I might also trade down...
If an offer comes through.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He went to bed and picked first thing when he got up, so he picked early not everyone goes to bed late ;)

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
He went to bed and picked first thing when he got up, so he picked early not everyone goes to bed late ;)

He lives on the east coast...
So he did not sleep that early.

My point is...
He is the last person who should mention anything about a list...
Especially with what he pulled last night.
;)

I am also a person who change my mind so many times...
That I will just regret the outcome of things...
If I send in a definite list.

Don't worry.
I suspect that by the time I am free...
It will still not be my turn yet.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
If you think you are going to be away, please send a list. We all want to the draft to go faster but only some have taken the steps to help it do so.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
^ I live in Saskatchewan. Furthest place from any coast.

And when I went to bed it was still not my pick. I picked within 5 mins after I knew it was my pick in the morning.

One more thing. Please don't mock me saying "with what you pulled last night". Oh sorry, it was late at night and still wasn't my pick. Am I not supposed to go to bed?

And you saying all this coming from the guy who waited a full 12 hours just because he wants to listen to "trade offers".

Again, I'll make this simple for you. If you are away during the day, and the chances of you picking later are good, send in the list.

Thanks.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Randv is up....

Thanks wasn't paying attention and thought there was a few more picks between him and me, could have gone out half the day without realizing.

I was about to say **** the cap and take another big contract forward, but if Erik Johnson is recovered from his knee injury like as Sakic reported he's a legit #1 dman on a great contract for the season.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I know it's still really early in the draft but who do you guys think is leading the pack so far. Obviously alot can change but as of right now I'm liking K2B's choices.

Malkin and Hall on the top line is sexy!

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Zetterberg was who I was considering along with Thornton. Bringing him to San Jose was what tipped it in Thornton's favour, but solid pick.

And in terms of who's doing the best right now, obviously it's me :)sarcasm:) or is it

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
well its hard to say who's doing the best this early considering some teams have 5 players and i have 2. The guys picking now are gonna have low quality depth. its going to take a few more rounds to get an idea.

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Thanks wasn't paying attention and thought there was a few more picks between him and me, could have gone out half the day without realizing.

I was about to say **** the cap and take another big contract forward, but if Erik Johnson is recovered from his knee injury like as Sakic reported he's a legit #1 dman on a great contract for the season.

I think Johnson was a safe choice here, though I think I would have gone with one of those top forwards (and there's one other defenseman that I think is a step above Johnson, and maybe 2-3 that I'd argue for instead of him).

Toews/Lundqvist/Johnson is still probably my favourite team so far.

Crosby/Quick/Lindholm is pretty comparable with a much lower cap hit, though. Will be interesting to see how those two teams develop.

Giroux/Thornton/McDonagh is right up there. All very good value where they were chosen, and I think they lend themselves well to building a strong team.

---

Landeskog/Seguin/Brodie..I like this as a starting point. Had Landeskog in my top 40.

Sedin/Sedin/Perry/Byfuglien... Took Daniel Sedin too early which hurts quite a bit, imo, but that would be a very tough PP to defend against.

RNH/Kucherov/OEL... Thought Kucherov was taken a bit too early, but tons of cap space, so it might turn out to be a really nice pick. Really like the RNH/OEL picks.

Bergeron/Letang/Stone... Pretty solid as well. Especially with 2 more picks in the next 30.

Zetterberg/McDavid/Suter.. It's hard for me to judge McDavid in this type of draft. Realistically, you'd rate him as a solid 1st line C before the season, imo...but he might be a top 5 center. If that's the case, this team is right up there. Depends when the voting is done.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
I think Johnson was a safe choice here, though I think I would have gone with one of those top forwards (and there's one other defenseman that I think is a step above Johnson, and maybe 2-3 that I'd argue for instead of him).

Toews/Lundqvist/Johnson is still probably my favourite team so far.

Crosby/Quick/Lindholm is pretty comparable with a much lower cap hit, though. Will be interesting to see how those two teams develop.

Giroux/Thornton/McDonagh is right up there. All very good value where they were chosen, and I think they lend themselves well to building a strong team.

---

Landeskog/Seguin/Brodie..I like this as a starting point. Had Landeskog in my top 40.

Sedin/Sedin/Perry/Byfuglien... Took Daniel Sedin too early which hurts quite a bit, imo, but that would be a very tough PP to defend against.

RNH/Kucherov/OEL... Thought Kucherov was taken a bit too early, but tons of cap space, so it might turn out to be a really nice pick. Really like the RNH/OEL picks.

Bergeron/Letang/Stone... Pretty solid as well. Especially with 2 more picks in the next 30.

Zetterberg/McDavid/Suter.. It's hard for me to judge McDavid in this type of draft. Realistically, you'd rate him as a solid 1st line C before the season, imo...but he might be a top 5 center. If that's the case, this team is right up there. Depends when the voting is done.

Yeah... I've regretted that pick since i made it. I think my team would be top 3 right now if I had chosen someone else over Kucherov, I just couldn't pass up that amazing cap hit, hopefully it pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad