The Leafs will make it to the SCF

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This is their year, they've been impressive out of the gate. They look like a different team from years pasts. Thornton wants his cup, this may be his last crack at it. What do you think?

Last edited:

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Everyone:

Absolutely every person:

Even Leafs fans:

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I don't think the North is the weakest division, but at the same time; they haven't been facing contenders.

Reactions: Devonator

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
They definitely look the best they ever have in the Matthews era, especially defensively (the additions of Brodie/Bogosian with the growth of Holl has helped a lot).

But we haven't beaten a team on Tampa/Boston/Colorado's level due to our division. It's a weird year were you can't make too many judgments

Reactions: ruaware41

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It wouldn't exactly be a massive shock. Getting through two series against the North shouldn't be all that difficult, depending on how beastly McDavid and Draisaitl decide to be in the playoffs if they make it. After that it's just one series and who knows, anything can happen.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
They definitely look the best they ever have in the Matthews era, especially defensively (the additions of Brodie/Bogosian with the growth of Holl has helped a lot).

But we haven't beaten a team on Tampa/Boston/Colorado's level due to our division. It's a weird year were you can't make too many judgments
maybe they face those teams full of confidence, maybe they get too cocky and get crushed.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I hope so, but the team admittedly hasn't been as good as its record. There is still plenty of room for improvement. The third period tonight against MTL was ugly for the team in blue and white.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

They're also playing weak teams all year when it comes to Cup contenders. Outside of the Leafs, no team in that division makes a top 10 list of teams to win it all.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
I think they will tbh. They are the best in the North and they could potentially get a free ticket to the conference finals. Beat that one team and it's the cup finals for them.

I'm only half trying to jinx btw.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
I find it hilarious people think there's a criteria where you have to "win Rounds" previously. 2 years ago the Blues won the cup after missing the playoffs.

And let's be honest, when Florida plays in the playoffs this year no one will mention "1996" about them.

The past is the past. And rosters were different.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I’m a leaf fan and they well still get rolled by Boston in a playoff series. They still have holes but it’s not as obvious cause there not playing certain teams as much that usually give them trouble. You could probably say that about a lot of teams this year though.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I find it hilarious people think there's a criteria where you have to "win Rounds" previously. 2 years ago the Blues won the cup after missing the playoffs.

And let's be honest, when Florida plays in the playoffs this year no one will mention "1996" about them.

Your premise is good but do you really find it hilarious?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
They're also playing weak teams all year when it comes to Cup contenders. Outside of the Leafs, no team in that division makes a top 10 list of teams to win it all.
Yes I know, that's literally what I said in the second half of my post

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

People always bring up Florida not doing jack shit since 96 whenever they make the playoffs. Their fans are usually the ones to mention it I find.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad