Speculation: The Leafs are outside looking in at TDL? What happens?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
in my day..................

images

OMG!

Are those kids under 12 and walking alone too!

Call child services!

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
OMG!

Are those kids under 12 and walking alone too!

Call child services!
ain't that the truth, when we were kids my dad used to say "make your selves a sandwich and get out of the house, and don't come back till the street lights come on." Today's kids will never know that kind of freedom.

Reactions: Cobra777

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
ain't that the truth, when we were kids my dad used to say "make your selves a sandwich and get out of the house, and don't come back till the street lights come on." Today's kids will never know that kind of freedom.

Pretty much same story. My mom was nice enough to make me a lunch most of my schooling though before she started working more too though as she made my dad a lunch then. (Obviously patriarchy at work there !)

Grade 3 and onward I wasnt getting drives to school a couple of km away anymore no matter what the weather.

I remember me and a buddy walked together and we decided to play in the 2 feet of snow one morning instead of being on time.

I guess the school called my father and he caught up with us before we got to school late and we got a good earful and I got a cuff in the head and we were never late again.

Really different world....

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Pretty much same story. My mom was nice enough to make me a lunch most of my schooling though before she started working more too though as she made my dad a lunch then. (Obviously patriarchy at work there !)

Grade 3 and onward I wasnt getting drives to school a couple of km away anymore no matter what the weather.

I remember me and a buddy walked together and we decided to play in the 2 feet of snow one morning instead of being on time.

I guess the school called my father and he caught up with us before we got to school late and we got a good earful and I got a cuff in the head and we were never late again.

Really different world....
true that, my father was a master at the "head clout."

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
So I usually do a bunch of moves etc Armchair GM style to address the issues that plague the roster in the trade rumors forum. Today I thought...let's look at the opposite side of the coin just in case.

The team has been sputtering along all season and coming up on a difficult stretch. I am curious as to what we'd think the value is of some of our trade chips if we happened to sell off parts of the team in the event things *really* go off track.

1. Barrie

Barrie would normally be worth a 1st but so far hasn't been what we thought. I figured maybe a deal could be had either with a conditional pick that is a 2nd and becomes a 1st with playoff success OR just a straight up 2nd 2020 and like a 3rd 2021

Nashville seemed like a good fit with Subban departing.

2. Ceci

I think a 3rd or 4th is possible.

3. Spezza

I imagine he'd probably want a chance at a cup, a 7th at some point in the next 3 years if we're lucky.

4. Muzzin

Personally, I would like to keep Muzzin and if he'd take something around 4 years at 5.75M (with very player friendly up front money in the first 1-2 years) then re-sign him. If he's not signed and the trade deadline approaches, you should definitely sell because if he walks, nothing.

I actually think the Leafs would be able to get a LOT back for him.

A 1st and a prospect should be something we can obtain. Maybe more if we retained on Muzzin.

STL 1st + Kostin?
I agree with all these. If we are outside looking in and we are still showing the same warning signs we are now, we are not contenders anyway. Maximizing the value of our expiring assets would be key. The only thing I'll say is I feel we can get a 1st for Barrie no question based on the type of players I've seen moved for 1sts the last few years. I'd also be on board to explore keeping Muzzin.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
We wake up and realize we were just having a nightmare, because we spend too much time on a board filled with negativity that goes certifiably insane at any adversity.

There’s a very real possibility that this team won’t make the playoffs.

It’s not being negative, it’s being realistic.

Reactions: Cobra777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad