Confirmed with Link: The Leafs are heading to Sweden (Nov 17 vs DET, Nov 19 vs MIN)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You'd think this is going to be one home game and one away for each team, regardless of press release graphic. But ya, the way that is listed makes it look like two away games, I guess the official schedule release will confirm one way or other.
We've already been invoiced for 41 games for next season. I suppose the could give a credit back though but you'd think they'd be aware.

Reactions: Menzinger

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Complimentary airfare and lodging in Sweden in the fine print of the package this year?
Not at the price we pay. Doubt it would cover the hotel, never mind airfare and tickets to the game.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Ooooh, that's GREAT GREAT GREAT news. I'd prefer Switzerland though, but Stockholm will be a cool city trip.

Reactions: Lauro

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Oh boy... 2 hours ago I found out, that the Leafs play 2 hours away from here... 1 hour ago I realized that my wife's away that weekend.:( Anyone wants to take care of my kids? ;)

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Complimentary airfare and lodging in Sweden in the fine print of the package this year?
Close, presale code. :laugh:

The National Hockey League® announced today that the Toronto Maple Leafs® will participate in the 2023 NHL Global SeriesTM in Stockholm, Sweden this coming fall. The Maple Leafs will play a pair of regular-season games November 17 against Detroit and November 19 against Minnesota at Avicii Arena.

Members and Suite Holders will receive presale access to secure tickets for these events! These games are not part of the 2023-24 home schedule, therefore not included as part of your Membership. Your Membership package will continue to include one preseason and 41 regular-season home games.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I didn't want to be the first one to say it. :laugh:

To be honest, I see it as really cool for Swedish hockey fans. I assume it's exciting for them.

Why November? Do it to start the season a week before the rest of the league so the teams can have a few extra days rest after they come back. Also not a fan of losing a Saturday night game.

Thumbs down from me.

This is true. The wife and I went to Ireland for 2 weeks back in October and I feel like I'm still recovering from the jetlag. The time change coming back is a bitch.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
To be honest, I see it as really cool for Swedish hockey fans. I assume it's exciting for them.

This is true. The wife and I went to Ireland for 2 weeks back in October and I feel like I'm still recovering from the jetlag. The time change coming back is a bitch.
100%, very happy for them.
I'll even share the pre-sale code with them when I receive it.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
It won't just be Swedes. I'll be coming over from the UK, my buddy will be joining from Italy. Watch both games with a day of light tourism and drinks in-between. I assume a lot of people will be flying in.

People over here really see catching a cheap flight to another European country on par with taking the GO Train from Oshawa to Toronto.

Super exciting that the Leafs are coming over!

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I will likely watch some Marlies games. I have no interest in this.

I'm happy other people look forward to it. Not for me.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
In all likelihood MLSE gave up a regular season home gate for this. That's a bit surprising. Or will the 2024-25 season have 84 games?

I remember them going over for a preseason years ago where Jarkko Immonen was playing on Sundin's line.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I will likely watch some Marlies games. I have no interest in this.

I'm happy other people look forward to it. Not for me.
Not interested in the Leafs regular season any longer?

In all likelihood MLSE gave up a regular season home gate for this. That's a bit surprising. Or will the 2024-25 season have 84 games?
Nope.
Guessing you haven't read the thread.

Reactions: vpasla1

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm not a big fan of these as I think it hurts your team but "grow the game" and at the same time "f*** the Olympics"

Reactions: ACC1224

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Fuo6HmSWAAM0QLb

Sweden is 6 hours ahead, meaning the Friday game will start at 2pm, and the Sunday game will start at 8am in the Eastern time zone.

Geez, I just might have to retire to watch that Friday game.

I've been looking for a good reason ...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Incoming jet lag related losing streak. And November is when this group makes its hay.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
I am pretty stoked, being able to see the Leafs play live. Me and my Canadian (immigrant) neighbour from Ontario got our tickets today for the Wings game. Leafs fans in Northern Sweden heading for our nation’s capital in November. 😎

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
I am pretty stoked, being able to see the Leafs play live. Me and my Canadian (immigrant) neighbour from Ontario got our tickets today for the Wings game. Leafs fans in Northern Sweden heading for our nation’s capital in November. 😎
Nice, where are you? We are in the lower bowl behind the net (where the Leafs shoot twice).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad